• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Catch up on ALL THE THINGS! (with lots of emoticons)

@buglips - Your gnome and my halfling would get along like a house on fire (which phrase has never quite made sense to me, but it feels appropriate here). When I'm playing Etuné, I basically channel a kleptomaniac five-year old, who seems to think that the whole combat thing is like one big game (yay, I can sneak attack this guy!). She does understand the whole dying thing, and becomes sad, but given that resurrection spells are a thing, the sad doesn't tend to last terribly long. She wants to experience this whole "dying and coming back to life" thing someday; it seems like it would be a great adventure!

Oh, and Etuné would also introduce your gnome to The Great (and forever mysterious) Banjo, her patron (and, some would say, imaginary) deity.  ^_^ In a vision, he allowed her to hold his banjo, which made all of her dreams come true at once.  :lol: 

@MissMelons - I distinctly remember the first dream I had in which I painted miniatures. It was then that I knew: there was no going back now.  :lol: 

@MrMelons - Welcome aboard the crazy train! Here there be painters. :D

@kay - I'm sorry to hear about that! I hope your day goes better; trials are not pleasant things to have to deal with.  ::(:

@Thes - I'm infinitely curious why your fox avatar has acquired a mustache.  :huh: 

@ShadowRaven - ::(: Much sympathy for your losses, and I hope things work out better next spring, and that you'll be able to work Reapercon in. Positive thoughts are being sent your way.

@redambrosia - I'm sorry about your car troubles! Repairs are never fun (or cheap), and I hope you'll be able to get it straightened out. I'm also very surprised the timing belt breaking didn't wreck the engine.  :unsure: 

In unrelated news, I'm currently 0 for 2 in my baking attempts lately. This time, I was supposed to add 3/4 of a cup of margarine to a cookie recipe. My mind saw this and interpreted it thusly: "Three out of four...okay, this box of margarine sticks has four sticks in it, so I should add three of them." Needless to say, the cookies didn't really turn out very well, since this was twice as much margarine as the recipe called for.  :down: 

In other news, I've gotten wound into such a state of excitement over our trip to PNNL on Wednesday that I think I'm going to start actually vibrating soon. I don't think I can stand waiting two more days to find out what the next few years of our life is going to be like!!!  :wacko:  ::o:  :zombie: 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7

Making the switch today from DSL to cable for my home internet. Been with the phone company for nearly 3 years and have been waiting for them to come out to my area with faster speeds and fiber optics (been sitting at 6 Mbps) and finally had enough. My PF group has one of our members in OK now and trying to game with him over Skype and having all the problems of buffering and latency spurred me into action. By the time I get home from work we'll be sitting at 50 Mbps and I won't have these problems anymore.

Sleep deprivation sucks btw.

• Like 5

I spent the majority of my year of graduate school in a haze of malnutrition and severe sleep deprivation.

Would not recommend.  :zombie:

After I recovered from the effects of that, I've found that I'm no longer able to function well on less than 6 hours of sleep. It's like I killed my body's ability to do that or something. Probably for the best.  :unsure:

I hope you are able to get some sleep soon, LK. Have you tried a warm drink and/or some soothing music? I've found that playing this quietly in the background sends me to sleep like nothing else.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like the CD I'm thinking of is actually this one. The one I linked above isn't nearly as restful.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot

I sculpted and painted my first desert base for reapercon it came out pretty amazing. Surprised myself.

Pics or it didn't happen!

I'm tempted to. Im nearly done with the base and just have to so some touch ups with the miniatures, pin and glue em on and I have 1 out of 4 miniatures done.......I have three weeks to do the other three and their base. I'm tempted to throw in. A creature or my Sophie too but don't want to throw in more than I can chew.

• Like 1

Sad news: one of my favorite people passed away just recently. I had promised to visit her every week in the hospital. I know I missed last week, I think I even missed the week before, because of 'being busy'. I had thought to go visit her today, but decided to do it tomorrow when I was going to be in the same building, and not blocks away.

The only guilt I feel it for breaking that promise. My word is my bond. And It's sad to lose such a bright and shining star from the world.

---- Moving onto to less sad things ---

One boot you are the only one to have mentioned anything about it. And it's a wolf, not a fox (though some debate that it might be a coyote), and the mustache is my version of sheep clothing. The Goblin will never suspect.

It's an excellent disguise don't you think?

• Like 2

@OneBoot: thanks for the welcome ^_^

@LastKnight: I work 3rd shift so I feel your pain on visitors and life imposing on sleep.

@ub3r_n3rd: I remember when I made the switch years ago. Be forewarned that peak times will affect your DL speeds but not nearly as bad as the overall slowness of DSL. Also, I've used alot of different programs to VoIP role-play (ventrillo, vudoo, msn messenger) because I moved from my hometown and still wanted to rp with my friends there. http://roll20.net/ is by far the best thing I've seen for long distance rp. It takes extra work from the GM but it has alot of cool features. Plus it's cloud based like Google docs, requires less bandwidth than video chatting on Skype too, so if you have other players with slower connections it's a plus.

• Like 1