Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

@ub3r_n3rd: I remember when I made the switch years ago. Be forewarned that peak times will affect your DL speeds but not nearly as bad as the overall slowness of DSL. Also, I've used alot of different programs to VoIP role-play (ventrillo, vudoo, msn messenger) because I moved from my hometown and still wanted to rp with my friends there. http://roll20.net/ is by far the best thing I've seen for long distance rp. It takes extra work from the GM but it has alot of cool features. Plus it's cloud based like Google docs, requires less bandwidth than video chatting on Skype too, so if you have other players with slower connections it's a plus.

Yeah, that's why I went with the 50 Mbps, even if I'm down 50% I'm still 4x as fast as my old DSL. I have also used a lot of different programs for distance gaming, but we have 4 guys at my table at my house and just skype the 5th guy in and have the camera pointed at the game mat or at the person talking (mostly the GM) when we aren't in combat. We like that Skype offers a good clear picture (when it isn't buffering due to my slow internet). 

• Like 2

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I sculpted and painted my first desert base for reapercon it came out pretty amazing. Surprised myself.

Pics or it didn't happen!

I get to stare at her "bases" all day long lol. I could send ya pics....for a price.
OhBehave.jpg

FTFY!

• Like 5

And it's a wolf, not a fox (though some debate that it might be a coyote),

My daughter calls everything of that ilk 'wolf'. So she asks to watch "Roadrunner and Wolf" or "Mermaid, Shark, and Wolf".

On the other hand, for a while I had her convinced that the zoo frequently changed the occupants of the mountain lion cage. "Look at the puma." "Look at the catamount." "Look at the cougar."

• Like 6

lol I wish I could get my husband on here! He's really not at all interested in painting, though (or much in the way of crafty things, really), and is definitely the more serious one. So even if he created an account, he'd never be on.  :down:

I worked hard on Friday and finally finished all 10 of the skeletons I've been working on as a unit paint. Pics/WIP post will happen sometime soon-sh. It also made me realize that my "Painted Bones" and total Bones owned numbers in my signature are way off. I should probably change it to "Minis" rather than Bones, since I now have a few metal pieces. ^_^

Unit painting is interesting; it's both more fun and more boring than painting a single piece. It's more fun because I can relax my painting standards a little, and more boring because I'm painting the same thing repeatedly (and yet, they still somehow all turned out slightly different  :wacko: ). It's nice to do while gaming, though, since it doesn't require much concentration. I think I'll do either the goblins or the kobolds next in a similar fashion.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7

@OneBoot: I was the "dealer" that introduced her to mini's. I was never big on painting them so much as using them in my rp sessions though. One of my best friends was our groups painter. He would lock himself in his room and not emerge until he had 12 figures painted. My wife has taken up that mantle now. I try my best to expose her to the RP aspects while she is showing me more of the craft side of it. By our powers combined we make a great set of melons.

• Like 8

Gotta find my motivation tonight, get my butt in gear and get some painting and/or basing done for my winter exchange partner's piece. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to be doing, but things become fluid when I sit down and start working and inspiration hits.

Bit of randomness: My workmates are buying me lunch today (belatedly) for my birthday as a few were out of the office and most of them wanted to be here to enjoy the Pizza.

• Like 3

Thes, I totally noticed the moustache the other day, but was not sure how to bring it up.  It definitely makes as much sense as many other disguises, though.  ^_^

OneBoot, it's great to see you around again!  I hope the trip is a great introduction to a wonderful work experience for your husband. 

• Like 5