• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

How could I not know that synchronized skating is actually a thing??? Guess I should thank CBC for actually broadcasting it, even if I only caught the end.

Also, pollen. That's a thing. It's a beautiful day, and I'm reluctant to go outside because even with two different antihistamines I still felt crappy. Looks like the rest of the USA is in the same boat. I guess at least I managed to slather paint on a golem and get it done. (It's in no way impressive, but it is done.)

My brother used to take a tabelspoon of locally produced honey a day to build up his resistance to pollen during the winter season. It really worked because he had a lot less symptoms during the summer. Maybe something you could try?

• Like 2

Played last night with the new D&D group (second time) and got a chance to unleash a little bit during one encounter. We are 22nd level in a 4e campaign and I am a two ranger. I was able to swing seven times in one round for a total over 350 damage without using a daily attack power. It was well placed, as well, because I was able to cut one of the main baddies down in the encounter when he hadn't even been hit yet.

I am anxious to show off my daily burst of attacks and damage next time. (We think we will be fighting a dracolich)

• Like 5

@Damenace, I've actually been doing allergy shots since last fall.  Which is sort of like the same thing, except scientifically controlled for optimum results.  This spring is an improvement, next should be even better.

@Pingo, I'll have to track that version of Macbeth down...

• Like 3

as another victim of allergy shots. Yes, next year will be better, and in another year you may be free from shots as well, and be back to being a 'normal' allergy suffere. normal as in being ableto get by with standard over the counter meds and few problems

• Like 2

Played last night with the new D&D group (second time) and got a chance to unleash a little bit during one encounter. We are 22nd level in a 4e campaign and I am a two ranger. I was able to swing seven times in one round for a total over 350 damage without using a daily attack power. It was well placed, as well, because I was able to cut one of the main baddies down in the encounter when he hadn't even been hit yet.

I am anxious to show off my daily burst of attacks and damage next time. (We think we will be fighting a dracolich)

Uuuhhmm.. :huh: ..what's a two ranger? and is there such a thing as a one ranger or a three ranger?, he asked (having stopped collecting D&D books somewhere between 3 and 3 and-a-half).

• Like 1

Uuuhhmm.. :huh: ..what's a two ranger? and is there such a thing as a one ranger or a three ranger?, he asked (having stopped collecting D&D books somewhere between 3 and 3 and-a-half).

Based on how the ranger worked in the early days of 4e, I'm guessing it's short for "two-weapon", but I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 1

How do you do "seven attacks" in 4e? And how do you average roughly 50 damage per attack? Edited by Mr Melons

And, on a more random note:

You're welcome.

That was unbelievably fabulous, and my life is now substantially more epic for having seen that.  ::o:  :lol:  :wub:

THE AIR WAS FILLED WITH THOUSANDS OF TEENY TINY FLOATING YELLOW SPECKS!

As a sufferer of allergies, that sounds unbelievably terrifying.  :wacko:  :unsure:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I'm always filled with dread when the weather starts getting warmer, because it means I have to either a) not leave the apartment or at least not open the windows, or b) start taking allergy medication and not stop until the snow starts again.  :wacko:

Nobody in my husband's family suffers from allergies, so I had to explain to them exactly what they were when we went back to visit for the first time after getting married. And when I wasn't getting my point across very well (also because Husband wasn't taking me as seriously as he really should have been; he didn't seem to understand that having an allergy attack could lead to my having an asthma attack which could lead to me having to go to the hospital...), I had to show them what it meant.

They have a cat, and have had cats for many many years. The next time we went to visit, I didn't take my allergy medication that day.

When all I could do was sneeze and sniffle and cough and wheeze and puff on my inhaler and look utterly miserable, they realized that "Oh...so that's what allergies means. This is serious business.  :blink: "

I took my medicine shortly after and improved somewhat, but it still wasn't a terribly fun object lesson.  -_-

In unrelated news, I wish government background checks didn't take so loooooooooooong. PNNL can't give Husband an official offer until that's done, and while we have no concerns about it coming back clean, it's still wearing to have to wait before getting a for-sure signed contract.  <_<

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2

7 attacks in one round for 350 points of damage?!?

That reminds me of the original Bards Tale game.

Computer: "There is a closed door in front of you. What do you do?"

Player: "Open the door."

Computer: "The door opens to reveal an 10' x 10' room. In the room are 50 orcs. 100 goblins. 20 Hill Giants and 5 Fire Dragons. What do you do?"

Player: "Attack dragon."

Computer: "You attack the dragon for 50 points of damage."

"Dragon attacks you for 100 points of damage."

"Dragon attacks you for 250 points of damage."

"Dragon attacks you for 175 points of damage."

"Dragon attacks you for 320 points of damage."

"Dragon attacks you for 240 points of damage."

"Hill Giant attacks you... "

Well. You get the idea.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1