• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Can always say "hi" or "hi neighbor" with that smile as it'll go a long ways.

Wasn't enough time to roll the window down and say hello. You gotta bear in mind also, the Master Po eyes (they had to have been contacts) was kinda shocking. I mean if she would've been dressed like a goth, no problem- would've been expected.

If I ever get the chance to speak with her, maybe I should ask her "What is the sound of one glute clapping?"

I am now the proud owner of a baby Eastern Redbud and a little Star Magnolia.  Once I get them settled into their spots (with the help of my heavy labor) I will set about encouraging them to grow.  And when they grow big and strong (like all little trees should) they will finally obscure from my view the gawd-awful mess that my neighbors call a back yard.  Yay! 

• Like 11

Another random tidbit:

There will be a "blood red" total lunar eclipse tonight across most of North and South America. The eclipse event begins around 2am Eastern, Tuesday, April 15th (or 11pm Pacific, Monday, April 14 (or 3:30 am Newfoundland)) with the blood-red phenomenon beginning about an hour later, as the Earth's shadow obscures the moon completely.

For more, see here: http://www.fearnet.com/news/news-article/apocalyptic-blood-moon-will-rise-tonight

Also for those not in the viewing areas (or who will be clouded out this evening), a live Ustream feed of the eclipse will be available at NASA.gov starting at 12.45am Eastern (9:45 pm Pacific(2:15 am Newfoundland)): http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/watchtheskies/lunar-eclipse-2014.html

Astronomically yours,

• Like 5

Just because she looks hooman doesn't mean she is.  From her style of professional dress and her uncanny powers, I'd have to classify her as some sort of genie.  A good one, though, because she never plays tricks with my wishes.  Although she still doesn't fully trust me, because she won't say where she hid the lamp.  Which may not actually be a lamp.  I've been rubbing everything I come across, but so far nothing. 

Constable Crocker:  "You mind explaining what you're doing there?"

Me (in the process of vigorously rubbing a parking meter):  "Checking for the lamp.  It could be anywhere."

Constable Crocker:  "Dispatch, this is 416.  Request EMS, I've got another tweaker's been into the mushroom patch."

Me:  "I only ate four!"

Ah, okay then. I can see that a Djinn of the right temperament could become enamoured of a goblin. Especially one as clever, cunning and as skilled with a miniature paintbrush as you, Buglips.  :upside:

And suddenly, I have the "I Dream of Jeannie" theme song tune stuck in my head.... du du, du dute tu du du, du du, du dute tu du du ...  <_< 

Edited by MatrissaTheEnchantress
  • Like 3

Another random tidbit:

There will be a "blood red" total lunar eclipse tonight across most of North and South America. The eclipse event begins around 2am Eastern, Tuesday, April 15th (or 11pm Pacific, Monday, April 14 (or 3:30 am Newfoundland)) with the blood-red phenomenon beginning about an hour later, as the Earth's shadow obscures the moon completely.

Oh good, something to look for while I drive into work tomorrow.  :down:

---

As some of you might not know, I'm an intern (shhhhhh don't spread it around, this will get buried here in Beekeepers as we random banter our way through another 10 pages by tomorrow, but you the frequent will see this, and that's cool), and interns are famously busy. (Intern is just the first year of residency, for some specialties there is a slight difference, but not much). We are called Residents because we used to live at the hospital. And even though I complain now... Just a few years ago, it used to be much worse. Now we aren't supposed to can't work more than 16 hours in a row, and not more than 80hours a week (spread over 4 weeks) inclusive of all our 'work' but not inclusive of studying which we are supposed to do at least 2 hours a day. And we are supposed to have at least 10 hours between when we leave and when we need to come back. It happens most of the time on call days.  :lol: And basically even though I work my butt off, I very rarely break those rules. The work rules were put in place so we have more time to study and learn, cause despite being in school 4 years already, I have to know ten tons more. And knowing things are good, because I usually don't have time to look up a bunch of crap on the job.

Like the exchange I had today:

Pharm: "You ordered this wrong, we need this based on this calculation."

Me: "Ha ha ha! You are so wrong, because you aren't considering this other fact!"

Pharm: "OooooRLY? Um.. yeah, I can see that. Ok, cool let's do it that way."*

If I didn't know things, I would have just taken pharmacies word on it, and we would have been wrong. Likely nothing earth shatteringly bad would have happened, but it still felt really good knowing things. Problem is, knowing things takes time. Time away from mini painting, time away from my husband, time away from giving the kitty snuggles, and etc. And the last thing I want to do after working a 12-16 hour day + more (It's not always like that, but most of the last month and a half has been) it's hard to study for the additional 2 hours. And sometimes the nature of the job is draining. I sometimes literally have to answer this question "Do I let this person die today?", or I may have to tell someone "You may not die today, but it is coming soon, and here is what we can do." Which is draining, and I'd love to be able to just come home and get some minis painted, but I know hanging over my head like a sword of damocles that I have "miles to go before I sleep", and that I will have to wake up much too early for my own liking. 

But sometimes I remind myself, it could have been much worse. And try to remember that when I feel dragged down. My work load will probably ease in a couple days, and we just had our worst few days of the month, Where we pick up patients from 7AM Saturday to 7AM Sunday, And then Pick up all the patients who come in 7PM Sunday to 7AM Today, and take the 3rd and 4th transfers out of the ICU and CCU today, and then take the 1st and 2nd transfers tomorrow (they always have at least 2) and then Wednesday we are on call again and we take all the pts who come in from 7AM Wednesday to 7PM Wednesday.  :wow:

But after that, we should have smooth sailing for the rest of the month, because that will be our last weekend call. And maybe I can get my paint brush on a mini again by then.  :lol:

Thank you for listening, I've just had a particularly hard day, and it's not over yet, and i know tomorrow will only be longer, which in a way, only makes today worse, but like Dory says: :wub:

just-keep-swimming.jpg

I'll do it.  :wub:

*This vagueness brought to you by HIPPA, suck it anyone trying to find out if I violate! 

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 14

Another random tidbit:

For more, see here: http://www.fearnet.com/news/news-article/apocalyptic-blood-moon-will-rise-tonight

Also for those not in the viewing areas (or who will be clouded out this evening), a live Ustream feed of the eclipse will be available at NASA.gov starting at 12.45am Eastern (9:45 pm Pacific(2:15 am Newfoundland)): http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/watchtheskies/lunar-eclipse-2014.html

Astronomically yours,

I love the red thing. It's because from the moon's perspective, the Earth eclipses the sun and the only light that strikes it is from our sunrise-sunset horizon. It's red for the same reason sunsets are red.

• Like 3

Thes, in case no one else bothers to day it today, you are awesome!  :wub:

Ub3r, I figure a 10' fall tree will be enough to at least distract me from whether they're parking a car in their yard again--the last one got taken out, yay!  And to tie this into miniature painting, it's all about having a focal point to pull the eye away from their goings on.  My real goal here is to be able to sell the house some day if we choose, rather than being held hostage by what other people choose to do on their property.  I figure any future owner will want privacy as much as I do!

EDIT:  I don't honestly know how long it will take to get a 10' tall tree, but it's already about 4', so within 5 years it should be close to 10'. 

Edited by LittleBluberry
  • Like 4

I will actually be awake at the time of the eclipse, as I try to reset my sleep schedule that decided to go nocturnal for no reason.  Chances are good the sky will be covered with a scud of overcast, though.  Even in summer I might see genuine sunshine for like three days.  :lol:  

• Like 3

Thes, in case no one else bothers to day it today, you are awesome!  :wub:

Ub3r, I figure a 10' fall tree will be enough to at least distract me from whether they're parking a car in their yard again--the last one got taken out, yay!  And to tie this into miniature painting, it's all about having a focal point to pull the eye away from their goings on.  My real goal here is to be able to sell the house some day if we choose, rather than being held hostage by what other people choose to do on their property.  I figure any future owner will want privacy as much as I do!

EDIT:  I don't honestly know how long it will take to get a 10' tall tree, but it's already about 4', so within 5 years it should be close to 10'. 

Depends on your yard's soil condition and how much sun, water and nutrients the trees get. Optimally the should grow upwards of 2 feet per year.

• Like 1

You rock, Thes Hunter!

I don't know firsthand, but my mom and dad were both employed in the medical field, and from various conversations I've overheard and/or been a part of, I kinda know what you're talking about.

Keep up the good work. ::):