Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

Once the snow clears I have a plan for the Juncos.   Since they did previously nest in the spot where I had my bridge over my drainage trench, and since I'm now aware of this preference, I'm going to make it nice and attractive for them.  In about a week, when the snow is gone from the trench I'm going to dig it out a bit to get all the silt out.  Then I'm going to hollow out a few small cavities under the grass, because that's what they like.  And then I'm going to take my poor sandtable, now all warped and twisted from being out all winter, and place that upside down over these spots.  It's strong enough to serve as my bridge later the summer, and a nice shelter for them.  They ought to be quite taken with it, since it so perfectly mimics their preferred habitat.  They didn't seem to like my coffee cans last year.

I won't be doing any work down there until later July at the earliest anyway, and they should be finished having babies by then. 

• Like 10

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Yes it does. 

I'm still trying to make up for accidentally killing their babies last time they nested there.  I'll share pics when I've finished my constructions, and then check the site in August.  If they nested, the nests should still be there.  Best I can do is give them a nice spot, stay out of the way, and let nature do its thing.   

• Like 5

It's been in the mid 70's- low 80's for the last few days, with temps well into the 60's for the last week or so. We might get some snow showers over night, and it should be near freezing in the morning. This is good, cause they overbooked me in the morning. This may mean I actually have a reasonable work load, tomorrow. But then again, looking at the comments all I see is "Must have an appointment w/ Thes, Here for Thes, Follow up with Thes, Needs to see Thes" and some have started to tell me that they are aware of how booked up I am, and that it's very hard to get appointments with me. They might come no matter what the weather.

This makes me feel very very good... but a little stressed all at the same time. Because they schedule for a 50% no show rate on a good day, I get that (or less) on a bad day. (On top of the catch 22 of what is needed to be good is often times the opposite of what is needed to be efficient)

So I say, Let it snow!

• Like 1

Apparently April showers bring April snow. It was raining all night, on my way home it turned to snow. There are already a couple centimeters accumulated, an impressive feat considering it's landing on rainy, wet ground.

• Like 1

I was working so I didn't get to see the eclipse *grumble grumble* Stoopid work.

On the other hand, since I've passed my 5 year aniversary here, I get 3 weeks of vacation this year. Wootz~!

I just passed 4 years with mine last month so I only get 2 weeks (using some of it for RC'14). I was bringing in carts at around the time of the eclipse, but due to rain, there wasn't anything but clouds in sight.

• Like 1