Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

A bird just flew in my window. Fortunately, because I sleep during the day, I have blinds and a blanket covering my window, so it only smashed into them rather than making it all the way inside. I lifted the blind to see what had happened and saw the bird sitting there. It immediately freaked out and took off. Luckily it picked the direction away from my room and flew away.

So today, even though it is snowy and cold, I decided to open my window to let in some fresh air. I see a bird on the shed in the back yard. I think it could be the same bird, but I can't be sure, because I didn't get a good look at the one from yesterday. I open the window and shout at the bird, just in case. It hears me and takes off out of sight around the corner of the house. I prop my window open (I am using a small can, the gap between window and sill is perhaps 3-4". As soon as I drop the blinds and step away from the window, I hear another crash, and my blinds+blanket move several inches. I run over to the window and pull them back, and the bird again takes off. This is some strange behavior, I have lived here for years and never had a bird invader. I do get a lot of ladybugs wintering on my windowsill, so perhaps the bird is hunting them, but I have never seen this happen before. I lowered my window, it is propped open less than an inch now, so hopefully the bird will leave me alone.

• Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

So, apparently the "groin strain" I thought I had a few weeks ago is actually "piriformis syndrome".  :wacko:

As I was actually seeing my physician specifically to get "permission" to start up an exercise regime, at least I now know what exercises will most help it recover fully (even if it will take one to two months).  ^_^  

• Like 1

It's snowing here.

Ha!  51.8 f here today.  Practically summertime.  I might frolic naked in the bare patches of grass just because I can! 

Couldnt spot the moon just now, I think it moved to the other side of the planet. ::(:

That was just Buglips.

--- 

AND WAIT A MINUTE?! HOW CAN IT BE SNOWING HERE AND BUGLIPS GETS SPRING TIME!!

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 7

I wish that everyone could do work that they love, and as a matter of course be paid a living wage for it.

I wish everyone were worth a living wage for work they enjoyed and were capable of doing.

However, there's a reason that sentence is in subjunctive mood.

• Like 1

Yesterday, Husband and I watched The Croods, a movie that my sister gave us for Christmas.

...I want that hour and a half of my life back.  :mellow:

...I'm also extremely puzzled why my sister thought we'd enjoy it.  :huh: 

So, apparently the "groin strain" I thought I had a few weeks ago is actually "piriformis syndrome".  :wacko:

As I was actually seeing my physician specifically to get "permission" to start up an exercise regime, at least I now know what exercises will most help it recover fully (even if it will take one to two months).  ^_^

I'm glad it was properly diagnosed too! I'm sure the exercises will help a lot. :)

I'd also like to thank you for posting links, because after doing some reading about it, I think I may have it too, though it manifests a bit differently from what happened to you. It's something that's plagued me off and on for several years now, so after doing some reading, I think I'll see about toddling over to a doctor about it.  ^_^ I'm terrible about ignoring problems until they get really bad, so I should probably get it looked at before it gets to that point.

I'm also grateful because the article you linked to mentioned that walking with the foot on the affected side turned outward can relieve the pain. I just tried it, and holy cupcakes, my back feels so much better already.  ::o:  ::):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6

At last!  My Plano storage box finally shipped from Amazon.  Soon I will be able to organize my paint bottles into little compartments and find a color when I want it!  Organization will be mine at last!!!  Mua-ha-ha-haaaa!

(Perhaps I'm a little too excited about finally getting a plastic box with compartments.)

• Like 4

At last!  My Plano storage box finally shipped from Amazon.  Soon I will be able to organize my paint bottles into little compartments and find a color when I want it!  Organization will be mine at last!!!  Mua-ha-ha-haaaa!

(Perhaps I'm a little too excited about finally getting a plastic box with compartments.)

It's okay, I get oddly excited about organizing too.

• Like 3

Yesterday, Husband and I watched The Croods, a movie that my sister gave us for Christmas.

...I want that hour and a half of my life back.  :mellow:

...I'm also extremely puzzled why my sister thought we'd enjoy it.  :huh: 

This is too funny as I received the same movie from my sister for Christmas and I wondered the exact same thing you did.

I only watched it a couple of weeks ago because my sister was asking me if I had.

It's a puzzler because while I like animated movies, the Croods wasn't on the list I gave her.

(We share movie want lists to make it easy when we're stuck for gift ideas for each other)

Glad to hear you'll soon be on the road to recovery Matrissa.
  • Like 3

It's snowing here.

Ha!  51.8 f here today.  Practically summertime.  I might frolic naked in the bare patches of grass just because I can! 

Couldnt spot the moon just now, I think it moved to the other side of the planet. ::(:

That was just Buglips.

--- 

AND WAIT A MINUTE?! HOW CAN IT BE SNOWING HERE AND BUGLIPS GETS SPRING TIME!!

I guess you should have made a sacrifice to the blood moon.  :B):   

• Like 5

It's okay, I get oddly excited about organizing too.

I am a total slob a lot of the time, but when I stop smoking I get super obsessive about cleanliness and organization.  Like to almost Howard Hughes levels.  If somebody comes, looks at a miniature, and puts it back even a millimetre off kilter I must immediately correct it or I'll stare angrily at it for hours.  I'll obessively scrub things, too.  Not until they shine, until they scream.

But when I'm being Badlips and sucking back cancer sticks, I'll practically live in pizza boxes and empty cans. 

Every now and then over the years I've been a smoker I'll quit for 4-5 days, clean everything, and then resume my regularly scheduled house of sloven.  Usually once it reaches a state where it looks like I'm in a polygamous relationship with empty beer bottles in my bed. 

This is what happens when I don't have a snugglefluffy to visit my dwelling.  Not because I'd make her clean it up, I'd never be so cruel, I'd just be motivated to live in rather less negligent squalor.  

• Like 4