Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

I guess you should have made a sacrifice to the blood moon.  :B):   

Blood Moon?!?

I do NOT want to know why your butt was that red!  :blink:  :wacko:

I don't ask questions about your mustache and the beagle, you don't ask questions about my red butt. 

Let us seal this arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk. 

• Like 2

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

If you'd like to see my talented eldest's latest humorous summary of Shakespeare, here's the newly-minted "Macbeth":

*applauds* That was fabulously done! I thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly the part where she said "Macbeth flips out again and yells the iambic pentameter version of 'Come at me bro!'" I laughed for a good while about that.  ::D: I haven't seen that particular, ah, interpretation of Macbeth before. It looks fairly...well, disturbing.  :blink: Those witches... *shudder*

I actually have fond memories of Macbeth from high school. I took drama as a freshman, and one of the assignments was to find a monologue, memorize it, and perform it for the class. My teacher had mentioned Macbeth in passing one day, and that the play was cursed.

Cursed? :huh: I was intrigued.

So I did a bit of research into the curse, and the play itself, and decided that I wanted to do a monologue from it. Of course.

I chose the "dagger" scene because it was one of the few that were long enough. I did bow to the sensibilities of the theater and introduced it as being from "The Scottish Play" (because apparently bad luck happens if you say the actual name of the play onstage (which I did at another time when I was by myself. Nothing happened.)). I performed the monologue, got a decent grade, and nothing terrible happened to me or anyone else in the class because of it. That I know of.  :mellow:

Granted, it wasn't a full performance of the play, so maybe the curse just hasn't found me yet. I'd better avoid quoting any more monologues from it for the rest of my life, just in case.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 4

Patrick Stewart makes a brilliant and brutal Macbeth. Kate Fleetwood is chilling as Lady Macbeth. Those witches are just terrifying.

The whole production is magnificent and I recommend it to all fans of gore and horror.

EDIT: That was the first "Shakespeare Summarized" where she had to actually put kitten therapy *in* the video.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 4

If you'd like to see my talented eldest's latest humorous summary of Shakespeare, here's the newly-minted "Macbeth":

*applauds* That was fabulously done! I thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly the part where she said "Macbeth flips out again and yells the iambic pentameter version of 'Come at me bro!'" I laughed for a good while about that.  ::D: I haven't seen that particular, ah, interpretation of Macbeth before. It looks fairly...well, disturbing.  :blink: Those witches... *shudder*

I actually have fond memories of Macbeth from high school. I took drama as a freshman, and one of the assignments was to find a monologue, memorize it, and perform it for the class. My teacher had mentioned Macbeth in passing one day, and that the play was cursed.

Cursed? :huh: I was intrigued.

So I did a bit of research into the curse, and the play itself, and decided that I wanted to do a monologue from it. Of course.

I chose the "dagger" scene because it was one of the few that were long enough. I did bow to the sensibilities of the theater and introduced it as being from "The Scottish Play" (because apparently bad luck happens if you say the actual name of the play onstage (which I did at another time when I was by myself. Nothing happened.)). I performed the monologue, got a decent grade, and nothing terrible happened to me or anyone else in the class because of it. That I know of.  :mellow:

Granted, it wasn't a full performance of the play, so maybe the curse just hasn't found me yet. I'd better avoid quoting any more monologues from it for the rest of my life, just in case.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Just remember that it's bad luck to be superstitious...

• Like 6

Me and the Beagle was just a one day thing, in France. After that we both pushed forward onto other things.

*open mouth*

Right.  Said I wouldn't ask. 

Just keep swimming?

Just keep swimming. 

You might make it across the channel by that point...

Oh wait, you weren't officially there in France with us.

• Like 1

Me and the Beagle was just a one day thing, in France. After that we both pushed forward onto other things.

*open mouth*

Right.  Said I wouldn't ask. 

Just keep swimming?

Just keep swimming. 

You might make it across the channel by that point...

Oh wait, you weren't officially there in France with us.

It was a councillor ship, and I was on a diplomatic mission. 

• Like 4

So, I can't really eat onions or anything heavy after like 9pm or so, or it gives me some really messed up dreams... :wacko:

A few days ago, I didn't manage to eat dinner until 9:30. Several hours later, in the middle of the night, I woke up, thinking I'd just had one of said dreams, but couldn't remember what it was about.

Now, quite often my dreams are my subconscious mind's way of trying to tell me something, so I got up, used the restroom and got a drink of water while thinking about it. After finishing my water, I put the mug back on the sink and turned around to go back to bed...

Only to find myself face to face with... Myself.

The other me grabbed the front of my shirt,  jerked me in close, and yelled in my face (at top volume), "WAKE THE @*$& UP!!!! THIS IS ONLY A DREAM!!!..."

I immediately woke up, shot upright in bed, and realized I need to badly visit the restroom and then get a drink... ::P:

I've never actually appeared in my own dreams before. It was a bit weird... :wacko:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 9

[...]

The other me grabbed the front of my shirt,  jerked me in close, and yelled in my face (at top volume), "WAKE THE @*$& UP!!!! THIS IS ONLY A DREAM!!!..."

I immediately woke up, shot upright in bed, and realized I need to badly visit the restroom and then get a drink... ::P:

I've never actually appeared in my own dreams before. It was a bit weird... :wacko:

I dream I'm searching for a bathroom more often than I'd really like.  I've finally learned to limit my fluid intake in the evenings.  ::P:

• Like 2