• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo. Agents of Shield continues to ride the OMG wave. Really liking the Agent Colson character and the actor who portrays him.

Huh?  I was told it was the same episode as last week...  Did they do something sneaky like air two episodes back to back tonight?

I watched it on CTV tonight and it was a new episode. It was broadcast at 9:00 pm instead of the usual 8:00pm timeslot though.

Just checked tonight's TV schedule, it looks like the Seattle station broadcast last weeks episode at 8 and the new on at 9pm as well.

I, uhm, think you missed it. Sorry Little Bluberry.

• Like 2

I've never actually appeared in my own dreams before. It was a bit weird... :wacko:

I had a dream nightmare once that was partly based on Hitchcock's ... The Birds

My version was worse, I was the sole human, the birds' beaks were poison tipped (somehow I just knew that) and this included the tiny, swift, unstoppable humming birds.

• Like 3

The RCMP/NWMP figures thread got me to thinking about US troops in the west during the same period.

During the period of western expansion, US Army dress uniforms changed pretty radically, and many times, generally following European fashions. For example, in the 1820s, the Army used a bell shako for the infantry, following the British pattern. (If you're ever up in Minneapolis, visit Ft. Snelling, which was active during that period. They have interesting displays and occasional live action demos.)

By the 1880s, the US Army had adopted the pickelhaube (spiked helmet) used by the Prussians in the Franco-Prussian war (as had the British; fashion follows the winners). As you might guess, a pickelhaube and a dark blue wool coat was spectacularly unsuited to summer campaigning in the arid west, so campaign dress was much less regular. But armies being armies, it was still issued and examples can be found in the museums of various western forts. (I highly recommend Ft. Laramie, which is, of course, not in Laramie, but north of Cheyenne, WY) for views of frontier military life.

For a brilliant and relatively comprehensive overview of the uniform changes (useful if you ever decide to paint western historical figures), I recently found this page:

http://www.history.army.mil/html/museums/uniforms/survey_uwa.pdf

• Like 2

I've never actually appeared in my own dreams before. It was a bit weird... :wacko:

I had a dream nightmare once that was partly based on Hitchcock's ... The Birds

My version was worse, I was the sole human, the birds' beaks were poison tipped (somehow I just knew that) and this included the tiny, swift, unstoppable humming birds.

This just goes to show that Hitchcock's movies would have been that much scarier if he'd played D&D :lol:

• Like 3

Yeah, in my area they were constantly airing the reminder that they were showing last week's SHIELD episode right before the new episode so that people who missed it the first time around could watch the show and be caught up.

• Like 2

So, first off, it snowed last night. I actually don't mind winter, what with the cold and snow and whatnot, but ENOUGH ALREADY!! Never mind that it's back in the mid 40's and most of it's already gone. Who ever has pissed off mother nature needs to be found and executed, immediately!

I'm playing hooky from work today to try and get things ready for my wife's return from the hospital tomorrow morning. She had to go in for surgery to remove a brachial cyst, they also took out her tonsils because the PET scan showed that one of them was larger than the other, and that's not normal.No idea if the cyst is anything worse yet; my wife told me that they said they can't test it while it's frozen. I don't quite understand that; why wouldn't you test the sucker while it's still fresh of the vine, so to speak? Of course I don't work in the medical field, so I'm sure there's probably a little more to it than that. So, fingers crossed that it'll be nothing.

I've already been grocery shopping for stuff that she'll be able to eat for the next few days while she heals. I've also done a load of laundry, washed the dishes, and I'm going to be doing a general cleaning of the house after I finish my lunch. So, shortly.

• Like 7

Thanks, Ub3r. Like I said, the weather's already back to be sorta warm, it was just kinda freaky waking up to snow this morning. My wife is doing fairly well, she called me this morning, and she seems to be in good spirits. She sounds horrible, but that's to be expected.

• Like 2