• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure my brain would give zombies indigestion - it gives regular people (and sometimes even me) indigestion, and we're not even eating it...

I eat muffins all the time for breakfast, usually buy them at Stop & Shop, but it's irritating sometimes because they don't always make the same flavors every day - I prefer the pistachio, and then the lemon poppy seed and carrot cake muffins in that order, but they sometimes go an entire week without making any pistachio muffins... Well, they make the pistachio muffins, but they leave them out on the trays rather than packaging them, and it ends up being a dollar more expensive to buy four individual muffins rather than packaged together... :grr:

• Like 1

I had some Lemon Poppy Seed muffins yesterday...

I didn't know lemons had poppy seeds.   What frankensteinian gene-manipulating malcontent created this abomination against nature?  Tasty or not, this breaks the laws of nature and is an affront to all that is of the Aureus Naturalis!

That's it!  I'm tired of these scienticians screwing around with my genetic datas!  I'm going to go burn down the weather observatory!  That will send a message to those soulless meteorlinguists! 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 5

I had some Lemon Poppy Seed muffins yesterday...

I didn't know lemons had poppy seeds.   What frankensteinian gene-manipulating malcontent created this abomination against nature?  Tasty or not, this breaks the laws of nature and is an affront to all that is of the Aureus Naturalis!

That's it!  I'm tired of these scienticians screwing around with my genetic datas!  I'm going to go burn down the weather observatory!  That will send a message to those soulless meteorlinguists! 

We need to get an emergency airdrop of oranges to Buglips. (Did Amazon get their helicopter drones working yet?) I think somebody is running a little low on Vitamin C...

• Like 3

I bring news of converters to the glory of Reaper. Our new DnD group met yesterday for the second time and one brave member asked if I would paint a figure for him. I explained that I would but I wouldn't be there next Wednesday because of Reaper Con. (Note: We play in a FLGS in which I've kind of....I wouldn't say bully or threatened...but convinced the store owner that it is vital he carries Reaper Goods because he's the closest store to me that isn't 2 hours away. ((Side Note: I also learned there is another store near me but they carry Games Workshop, which is okay too)) Anyways he recently got some bones in, FINALLY, the guy still has his  p-65s that I frequently Raid when funds allow) I had explained to them earlier how I like bones because they're inexpensive, contain great detail and are nearly indestructible. My bones had actually survived the travel to the place better than my metal ones did. After my soap box discussion and we went on break, the other members of the table left and each purchased a miniature that resembled their character. /stares at desk. I'm now painting them............for free. @[email protected] They wanted to give me money but I honestly couldn't accept their money when I enjoy doing it so much. Plus they are figures I haven't painted yet so it's a whole new exploration thing.

Wootie, I bring to you two converts to Reaper! Bwahahahaha!! The other guy will probably have me paint one when I come back. 

• Like 11

Buglips, eat a snickers

I bet you're one of them<_<

A filthy meteorlinguist. 

I'm watching you.

On a different note, I've begun farming my metals into my workload.  I sorted out all the duplicates and will pass them along to other painters.  Bones replaced some of my metals, other duplicates were things I bought and forgot I already had.  Probably about 50 minis got dropped from my workload this way.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that I actually have quite a lot more metals than I realized.  Which is part of why I decided to start farming them in.  Presently it's RAFM and some TSR Parthas - those being stuff from the boxed sets.  Lord Soth's Charge might be in the queue soon as its own week or two project.  I might finally finish The Tak after that, I'm getting itchy to get her on a shelf.  I just think Soth's crew might be a fairly fast job as an army group.  Also, it's an oversized Soth's charge.  Instead of 12 skeleton guys and soth, I have 15 skeleton guys and Soth.  Probably I'd gotten a Battlesystem blister of 3 skeleton guys somewhere along the way.

But that's a group with a lot of armor and a lot of black undercoat, so I'm hoping that combination presents an opportunity to kill 16 in one blow.  We'll see. 

• Like 12

Buglips, eat a snickers

I bet you're one of them<_<

A filthy meteorlinguist. 

I'm watching you.

On a different note, I've begun farming my metals into my workload.  I sorted out all the duplicates and will pass them along to other painters.  Bones replaced some of my metals, other duplicates were things I bought and forgot I already had.  Probably about 50 minis got dropped from my workload this way.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that I actually have quite a lot more metals than I realized.  Which is part of why I decided to start farming them in.  Presently it's RAFM and some TSR Parthas - those being stuff from the boxed sets.  Lord Soth's Charge might be in the queue soon as its own week or two project.  I might finally finish The Tak after that, I'm getting itchy to get her on a shelf.  I just think Soth's crew might be a fairly fast job as an army group.  Also, it's an oversized Soth's charge.  Instead of 12 skeleton guys and soth, I have 15 skeleton guys and Soth.  Probably I'd gotten a Battlesystem blister of 3 skeleton guys somewhere along the way.

But that's a group with a lot of armor and a lot of black undercoat, so I'm hoping that combination presents an opportunity to kill 16 in one blow.  We'll see. 

Nice, more pretty things to see you paint!  Its always great seeing your wips!

• Like 3

That reminds me. Did buglips ever finish his WyrmGear? Or have I just been missing his updates?

If by "finished" you mean "absolutely ruined", yes.  I have to source a replacement.  Cutting the wing tabs proved a poor idea, which I only discovered after many hours wasted painting lozenges.  Which, if I'm honest, was a super pain in the butt.

So Wyrmgear Mk. II will have ordinary silver wings.  And should go much faster.  There still might be some neat things to show along the way, so I guess I'll WIP that as well.

I have so much volume to get through that I'll only WIP a fraction, and I don't want to start any new WIPs until I've completed the outstanding ones.  I keep having to paint monsters and characters for game use.  <_<

I'm also catching up, because there was a huge stretch where I wasn't doing any painting.  Things ought to level out a bit over the next few months, and most of what's waiting should be done.  As Boots would say... Huzzah! 

Then it can be "one project at a time", and it's a lot easier to do WIPs when it's like that. 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 6

A sympathy Like of your post Buglips. In memory of the fallen WyrmGear.

The lozenges were really too much for me to chew, and so difficult to get looking right.  So I was actually sort of relieved to discover I'd gone and messed it up.  Gave me an excuse, lol. 

Since I've also given up beer for a while in order to shed my winter girth, I imagine the additional sober time might translate to more brush time.  I don't get wasted or anything, but even one beer is enough to make painting troublesome. 

• Like 4

The lozenges were really too much for me to chew, and so difficult to get looking right.  So I was actually sort of relieved to discover I'd gone and messed it up.  Gave me an excuse, lol. 

Since I've also given up beer for a while in order to shed my winter girth, I imagine the additional sober time might translate to more brush time.  I don't get wasted or anything, but even one beer is enough to make painting troublesome. 

Giving up beer is a real sacrifice... That said though... I've rejoined weight watchers to shed some of my "more than just winter" girth.  The extra energy I should get as I downsize should translate to more painting etc.

• Like 5

The lozenges were really too much for me to chew, and so difficult to get looking right.  So I was actually sort of relieved to discover I'd gone and messed it up.  Gave me an excuse...

Well, there are dragons without wings. Fill the wing slot holes and WrymClock the Wingless 'springs' to life. Like clockwork. 'Cause, ya know, clockwerk dragon ... excuse me while I duck for cover.

• Like 6