• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

docking kayaks? man you is crazy, you run the sucker up on shore, and know you're gonna get your feet wet

That would be my preference. However those incidents happened in a couple of Calgary's lake communities where you're not allowed to kayak into the shallower beach areas. Because they're manmade lakes, the rest of the shoreline has a sudden and deep drop off.

There's quite a number of man made lake communities in South Calgary.

The two I'm familiar with, Lake Bonavista and Lake MacKenzie, have been there for a looong time and both allow kayaks, rowboats, and paddleboats. They're also both stocked with lake trout for fishing.

• Like 3

I once had a party that wanted to cross a stream try to Stone Shape a bridge for themselves.

(Stream was wade-able. They didn't check. Would've been soaked up to the knees or so. No mounts involved. Don't know if there was a narrow place upstream, or a ford downstream, they never looked, I never diced for it...)

There was a mill. The miller wanted to charge a few bob to anyone who wanted to cross via his dam.

Them: Nope. Magick a bridge.

Me: the stream is too far.

Mage: is there not enough stone? I include river pebbles from within the stream...

Me: no, no plenty of stone, several big boulders along the banks. No the issue is: there is a limit to the amount of stone you can shape.

Mage: We'll I'll make it a thin bridge. Only a foot wide or so...

Me: I still don't think that will work...

[...there ensued a chips and soda raid on the kitchen while the calculator-fu progressed...]

Result: a bridge a foot wide and four inches thick could span the 60 or 70 feet of stream.

Me: Stone is not steel, it will break under the strain, if the load on it was compression you'd be fine, but this is tension, Stone Shape does not confer tensile strength.

Mage: <face brightens from invisible light bulb above his head> Well, I'll arch it a bit...

Me: Fine, I'll give it an item savings throw...

...it failed, collapsed under its own weight. They ended up crossing by hopping from one stone slab to the next. I think one or two characters got a ducking.

:huh:

It always amazed me how character player (CP) stubbornness could turn minor bits of the setting background into major obstacles.

• Like 9

I think I have fallen in love again.  :wub:

My heart races, my pupils dilate thinking about when I will next be able to touch the object of my affection.

No man could ever bring me this much satisfaction. 

I have finally tried my Vallejo alcohol based metallics, and love is in the air.

• Like 8

I think I have fallen in love again.  :wub:

My heart races, my pupils dilate thinking about when I will next be able to touch the object of my affection.

No man could ever bring me this much satisfaction. 

I have finally tried my Vallejo alcohol based metallics, and love is in the air.

Not sure if this speaks poorly for men....or highly for the paint.

futuramafry.jpg

• Like 9