Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

Now I feel somewhat intimidated by high quality paint being preferred by so many of the regular wimmenz posters here on this thread.

I'm never going to find a girlfriend at this rate... Well at least not a girl who shares my interest in minis. <_<

• Like 5

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I feel somewhat intimidated by high quality paint being preferred by so many of the regular wimmenz posters here on this thread.

I'm never going to find a girlfriend at this rate... Well at least not a girl who shares my interest in minis. <_<

Fill your lair with Vallejo metallics, and scatter a few around your door.  You'll be up to your neck in female figure fiends before you know what's what.

You hoomans could learn a thing or two from my people about how to capture mates.  Why, I've never even seen any of you set a snare!   I try to assimilate, as a foreign visitor to your lands, but sometimes you hoomans are just weird in how you do things. 

• Like 9

Buglips is wise in the way of hooman affairs. I think I need to hire him as a relationship consultant.

(I do still have a few bottles of Ral Partha paints left in my collection to pay for his services)

On a different topic.

Despite being an Ironman fan since my childhood years... Remember when Robert Downey JR was being introduced as Ironman by Marvel and they tried to explain who Ironman was and where he came from... I'd known all about Ironmans history since my childhood and couldn't believe he was a forgotten superhero... Anyways...

Although I'd owned and watched the first Ironman movie a couple of times, and loved it, I only recently came into possession of Ironman 2, The Avengers, and Ironman 3.

Although I've only watched upto Ironman 2 up until this point, just tonight as matter of fact, I have to say how much I love love love the movie series so far and can't believe it's taken me so long to catch up on the films and how happy I am to see a childhood superhero come into his own.

• Like 6

I found space for my vast array of partha paint, and was therefore able to commandeer my old desk back.  The drawers are still full of miniatures, though, but that'll do for now. 

I have placed this desk into a cobwebby, humble, tucked away little corner.  This is my office.  I'm in it right now.  I feel like I'm jammed into a broom closet.  It's nice.  Cozy.  I can work here.  This was my preferred spot, but I moved out of it when my last (bad) neighbours moved in.  The ones with like 5 dogs, who they left outside, who all howled non-stop right outside my window.  And twice as bad when their many (MANY!) screaming children were also out and about. 

Now they are gone, and I have peace again. 

• Like 9

I heard recently, that you can do some amazing things with 3-D printers....

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/54270-foodini-not-game-related/?hl=printer

• Like 5

I had a mage killed because of a boat before.  We were pursuing the parties nemesis, Ethran the Wanderer, determined to end his existance once and for all (again, he always was one step ahead of us).  We finally caught up to him at a wide and deep river.  he had just finished crossing in a boat and merrily waved to us from the opposite bank before disappearing into the long grass.  Looking at out map, the nearest bridge or ford was a  days travel down stream.  Not wanting to lose that much time, my mage cast a fly spell, using a magic item to sustain it.  I flew across the river tied th rope attached to the bow of the boat around my waist.  Thus connected I began towing the boat back across the river.  Shortly after leaving shore, the grassland pygmy's Ethran payed to slow us down pooped up out of the grass and opened fire upon me with bows.  Suffice to say, they rolled well, I rolled poorly and I died.  Since my item was sustaining the spell, I remained bobbing in the air like a blood stained balloon, as te current took both the boat and my corpse down stream.

Ethran escaped once again.

What kind of self-respecting 9th Pathfinder Wizard gets into a boat without having an Overland Flight* spell going?

My RPG characters are rarely afraid of water. My irrational fear of water only surfaces in Battletech. As best I can tell the near-magical armor used to shield 31st century mecha is almost as water soluble as spun sugar. :blink:

* So far as I know, despite the name, it works just fine over water.

Edit: Welcome thread crawler! Have you come to explore the deep archives?

If yes, come back in a day or so, this is still a work in progress.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 5

Oh thank God. I tried to access the forums last night before I went to bed and kept getting a "Server not found" error even though I could get to the main Reaper site. I'm glad that, whatever it was, is all fixed because now I can say:

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Enjoy the day and getting wired on far too much chocolate!

Oh, and there's this thing about a guy they say came back from the dead or something....

Doug, you're making me miss playing my ranger-cleric. She was trained in the equivalent of her nation's elite naval force before becoming a cleric of an ocean deity. Needless to say she's got enough ranks in swim that she could make a DC 10 check while wearing a chain shirt. (And she'd be smart enough not to wear a chain shirt on board ship, too.) <sigh> Not that she gets the chance that often...

You know, I was, literally, just thinking yesterday that it looks like I might actually have the time in which I could, perhaps, actually try prepping the next scene of the current module I'm running in my Pathfinder campaign (which, of course, would be the campaign in which LB's ranger-cleric exists) .... mayhaps I will send out a "Request For Game" email to the ol' party for sometime in May....

Nuh-uh. All of my characters either have from the start, or quickly develop, chronic cases of hydrophobia and veloxrotaphobia.

Had to look up veloxrotaphobia (so now I realize that was in reference to the mine carts) and stumbled across this: http://attractionsmagazine.com/legoland-florida-creates-program-to-help-parents-of-first-time-coaster-riders/

Aaagggghh!! Just discovered that the screen of my Nokia 900 Windows 7 phone stopped working! What am I going to do!?!?! How can I survive without my phone!!?!?!?!?!!?!?! :grr:

I can tell the phone is on because the icons at the bottom are lighting up but the screen itself is just black. I'm guessing this happened because the screen got shattered when it fell off a table almost a year ago. It kept working, and I could basically still see everything so I didn't worry about it too much, but I bet that regular usage finally broke some critical connection.

sigh

Now I have to decide whether to see if it can be fixed or if I should bite the bullet, pay the "penalty" and upgrade to a newer device. (Which, as a silver lining, would be a Windows 8 phone...)

Bah.

• Like 8

@Matrissa, I can't check from here, but we just got a Lumia 520 for $50 with no contract.  (Somebody had a birthday and got an upgrade.)  You might be able to find something similar. 

Of course I do know that cell phone prices are extortion in Canada versus the USA, so I'm not sure. 

We got home from the Easter rounds to various family after all day chaos. My daughter (3 1/2 years old) has been acting odd since about the halfway point. We just took her temp and it is 101.6f. Tylenol, water and sleep for her. Not sure about what we plan to do for tomorrow yet.

Also, my wife just told me that whooping cough showed up at my daughter's preschool last week.

We got home from the Easter rounds to various family after all day chaos. My daughter (3 1/2 years old) has been acting odd since about the halfway point. We just took her temp and it is 101.6f. Tylenol, water and sleep for her. Not sure about what we plan to do for tomorrow yet.

Also, my wife just told me that whooping cough showed up at my daughter's preschool last week.

I hope with everything in me that she doesn't have it.  ::(: The fact that it's showing up again is terrifying (this is NOT intended to start a discussion about vaccines; I think there's already one of those in Beekeepers somewhere). Hopefully rest and Tylenol will help her kick the bug.

~~~~~~~~~~~

In unrelated news, I finally went to a PT about my back. Because it's the school's PT clinic, I got 2 first-year grad students and their supervisor. ^_^ They actually did a pretty good job, I'll give them that (they even found the probable root cause before the instructor did; apparently, the two halves of my pelvis are twisted slightly in relation to each other, which has been causing all sorts of interesting issues for me for the past 10 years or so).

I will confess to giggling on several occasions when they would state that they were going to do such-and-such test, then uncertainly look at their instructor for confirmation that they should do it, and all he'd do was mildly say "Do you think you should?" or "What are you looking for with that test?" This generally caused them to look temporarily panicked, before they realized "Oh, okay, wait, I've learned this...." and gave him a satisfactory answer.

For the record, it's a very bad idea to start laughing when someone is digging their fingers into your deep abdominal muscles.  :wacko:

I actually enjoy giving students the opportunity to learn on me (I've visited both the PT clinic and the student-run counseling clinic in the past), though I do wish that the learning process hadn't left me sore in an astonishing number of unusual places.  :blink:  

Good news is that it looks like with lots of specific stretches and exercises, and some repeat visits, I should be able to get everything straightened out.  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 13

We live near a big university teaching hospital.  The gaggles of med students have been interesting, and kind of neat.  When our eldest girl broke her collarbone last winter she was apparently a textbook perfect case.  At her last checkup I think they had seven students there with the doctor feeling her shoulder.

• Like 6

I feel the pain on the phone front. I don't require much out of a phone, so I've been perfectly content with my Galaxy S that I've been toting around for 3 or so years. Recently it's started behaving oddly. It randomly reboots. I frequently have to go into the task manager and kill apps that refuse to close correctly. After RCon I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a Nexus 5. Since I have no contract, and use a prepaid service the money I save every month over my old contract will pay for the phone in less than a year, but it still hurts. 

Talae, having had my little girls get sick with whooping cough (and yes they were vaccinated, I'm just lucky) my advice would be that if you see any coughing at all you run, don't walk to the nearest medical facility for testing.  PM me if you have any questions, it's not an illness that people are used to seeing. 

In fact, if you have the kind of pediatrician that lets you call their nurse with questions, I'd consider calling.  Whooping cough can progress pretty fast and it's terrifying.

• Like 1