• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That's a beautiful background for your event.

We have few fairs here, and when we do they are much much smaller and are usually held in an open field on farmland with a few booths and a small stage or two set up. Nothing like what you have in the Netherlands.

• Like 1

Wow. That's a beautiful background for your event.

We have few fairs here, and when we do they are much much smaller and are usually held in an open field on farmland with a few booths and a small stage or two set up. Nothing like what you have in the Netherlands.

Hehe, we are pretty lucky with the castles and other ancient architecture we have here. As for size, we have a population density of 1,050/sq mi, so its not that strange that we have more people at a fair!

• Like 1

Random Boot trivia: My father's side of the family came from England, and apparently had some high-up royal peoples in the family line, with a crest and everything (I actually have a t-shirt with the crest on it from a humungous family reunion that happened when I was little). At one point, at least one castle was owned by some portion of my ancestral family.

One of my goals in life is to travel to England, and find where that castle stood. If there still happens to be a castle there, I may just burst with happiness.  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 12

I think I may have run out of 'likes' for the first time.  :down:   Obviously I have been spending too much time on the forums.  :;):

EDIT:  I can like things again?  Huh.  Maybe it was a glitch.  MOAR FORUM SURFING!!

Edited by LittleBluberry
  • Like 9

Random Boot trivia: My father's side of the family came from England, and apparently had some high-up royal peoples in the family line, with a crest and everything (I actually have a t-shirt with the crest on it from a humungous family reunion that happened when I was little). At one point, at least one castle was owned by some portion of my ancestral family.

One of my goals in life is to travel to England, and find where that castle stood. If there still happens to be a castle there, I may just burst with happiness.  ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I am a direct descendent of Brian Boru. 

Just me and about a million other people.

And if we got a bit meta, I'd be an ancestor of Chief Miles O'Brien. 

Which makes the time I had a pint or three with Colm Meaney at the Rose & Thistle when he was filming Random Passage a lot more like a temporal paradox than my hangover the next day originally indicated. 

You know, for a guy who hardly ever goes anywhere and doesn't have much money I have a peculiar way of falling into interesting things.  I can only imagine what the reality-tearing repercussions might be if I ever found myself with significant means. 

• Like 9

Well, it looks like I lost my place in this thread while I was dealing with... 'Life.' Did I miss anything interesting?

Yes. Apparently, OneBoot has a castle, and Buglips knows famous people...or something like that.

• Like 4

Well, it looks like I lost my place in this thread while I was dealing with... 'Life.' Did I miss anything interesting?

Well, there was this:

If you'd like to see my talented eldest's latest humorous summary of Shakespeare, here's the newly-minted "Macbeth":

You're welcome.

Hey CP, glad to see you are back. 

Thank you.

Yes. Apparently, OneBoot has a castle, and Buglips knows famous people...or something like that.

Interesting. I know my last name is part of a royal family somewhere in Scandinavia. However, that wasn't our name until we immigrated to the States. Or so the family tale goes. I'll look in to that. One of these days...

• Like 2

I had an Aunt do some family history work years ago. I am directly related to William Wallace and a famous female Irish Pirate that I would have to look up to get the name. I am not aware of similar work done on my father's side of the tree.

• Like 1