Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

You know, it's funny... all the way back to high school, when people were having a hard time and needed somebody to talk to - advice, or just a sympathetic ear, somebody to keep their secrets, whatever - that was me, I was that guy.

And now, in the middle of what could possibly turn into the worst night of my life... I've got nobody who can be that for me.

And probably the worst part of it is... even though I want to talk to somebody, to try to vent and maybe get my thoughts straight and try to figure out where I want to go next... I don't, in fact, want to talk about it. Or write about it. Even trying to put the feeling into words and typing it out is difficult, and I don't know if I'm actually going to hit the post button when I'm done.

How elfing pathetic is that?

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Knight, I totally understand. I have always been that guy. The 'professional nice guy' as it were to whom others turned when they needed a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, and once in awhile, even good advice. You have my understanding, my sympathies, and for what it's worth, my thoughts and prayers that things work out well for you.

Coming from someone who has held in too much stuff then made massive mistakes because of it, I urge you to talk with someone about you problems, Last Knight. Talk to a random stranger from the internet, like those above, or call a family member/friend you know and trust. For me, talking with people, or even just writing on a blog, helps me sort out my problems and release part of what has me stressed.

I also offer an open ear and open mind, should you feel the desire to vent.

You know, it's funny... all the way back to high school, when people were having a hard time and needed somebody to talk to - advice, or just a sympathetic ear, somebody to keep their secrets, whatever - that was me, I was that guy.

And now, in the middle of what could possibly turn into the worst night of my life... I've got nobody who can be that for me.

And probably the worst part of it is... even though I want to talk to somebody, to try to vent and maybe get my thoughts straight and try to figure out where I want to go next... I don't, in fact, want to talk about it. Or write about it. Even trying to put the feeling into words and typing it out is difficult, and I don't know if I'm actually going to hit the post button when I'm done.

How @#!&ing pathetic is that?

You are Pagliacci. You have my sympathy.

• Like 1

So today I learned that my PCs are apparently all evil, including the cleric of the god of (among other things) honor. "Okay, the goblin is unarmed and on his knees in front of you, and has just given you all the information you asked him for, as well as all his worldly possessions. What are you going to do now?"

"I slit his throat!"

I am surprisingly upset about this.

• Like 4

DnD: Loss of alignment, loss of deity, the works. DnD's alignment system is part of the game. Then again, if the goblin is truly evil and you let it live...?

Last Knight, don't give up, never ever give up. Get up and punch life right in the damn face. The wolf at the door? MRE on legs.

And, nope, not pathetic. If it was a mate feeling like this, you wouldn't call him pathetic, would you?

OFF TOPIC: My 6 year old (autistic) son insisted I pick him up. Then he hugged my head, declared "I'm a headcrab!" and insisted I run around like a half-life 2 zombie. <3

• Like 9

How @#!&ing pathetic is that?

Not at all. I don't like venting when I'm angry or upset either, even when maybe I should, but feel free to go for it if you want to. Just know that even if we don't know each other all that well, we still hope you're doing ok.