• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, to clarify, it was the rogue who actually killed the goblin; the cleric just said, "In game, I say we tie him up, but out of game, let's just kill him!" Furthermore, this is 4e, which crippled the alignment system to the point where I just ditched it altogether. And as one more mitigating circumstance, this is their first adventure, so the player is retroactively spinning it as "oh, my character was so shellshocked and unprepared that she wasn't thinking straight! She's totally going to pray a bunch now to atone, and the next time something similar comes up, she'll be more prepared." So no one's getting DM fiat punishments for now, though I'm trying to decide if I have a plausible reason to bring him back from the dead and have this goblin's ghost follow them around for a while to shame them.

Also I totally invoked goblin math during that encounter, and when asked how many other goblins there were, he confidently replied "Twenty!" Buglips is influencing the canon of my game world.

Edited by Slendertroll
  • Like 5

Now, to clarify, it was the rogue who actually killed the goblin; the cleric just said, "In game, I say we tie him up, but out of game, let's just kill him!" Furthermore, this is 4e, which crippled the alignment system to the point where I just ditched it altogether. And as one more mitigating circumstance, this is their first adventure, so the player is retroactively spinning it as "oh, my character was so shellshocked and unprepared that she wasn't thinking straight! She's totally going to pray a bunch now to atone, and the next time something similar comes up, she'll be more prepared." So no one's getting DM fiat punishments for now, though I'm trying to decide if I have a plausible reason to bring him back from the dead and have this goblin's ghost follow them around for a while to shame them.

Also I totally invoked goblin math during that encounter, and when asked how many other goblins there were, he confidently replied "Twenty!" Buglips is totally influencing the canon of my game world.

I say play it off like the goblin ghost doesn't even know he's dead; he just follows the characters around being "helpful...."

• Like 4

I say play it off like the goblin ghost doesn't even know he's dead; he just follows the characters around being "helpful...."

Ooooh, I like that. A little reminder of their moral slip, not enough to be malicious, just enough to be annoying and maybe remind them to do the right thing next time. The question is, is fear-induced trust enough to separate a soul from its body, as opposed to the massive amount of rage or similar that it usually takes?

Edited by Slendertroll
  • Like 1

OFF TOPIC: My 6 year old (autistic) son insisted I pick him up. Then he hugged my head, declared "I'm a headcrab!" and insisted I run around like a half-life 2 zombie. <3

I went along with it. I'm not sure if me running around going "AUUGH mmmmghgh AGH urgle MMMMMR" with my kid hugging my head is awesome or grossly irresponsible, but it sure was fun.

Definitely awesome.

As for the alignment thing, I like to surprise people when their "good" characters are being evil. Like having the cleric's holy amulet zapping the crap out of someone and letting them know they've been shifted.

The "not dead" goblin innocently following the party around is sheer brilliance.

• Like 2

I went along with it. I'm not sure if me running around going "AUUGH mmmmghgh AGH urgle MMMMMR" with my kid hugging my head is awesome or grossly irresponsible, but it sure was fun.

Roleplay is the height of learning. :)

Brilliant, IMO.

• Like 2

Also I totally invoked goblin math during that encounter, and when asked how many other goblins there were, he confidently replied "Twenty!" Buglips is influencing the canon of my game world.

So far I've even had guest cameos in a couple of games, too. Every day my legend grows.

• Like 4

I only pull out the SLR every couple months, because each time it's a fight to get the settings right (but we think we have written them down this time!) and then it takes a bit to get the photos into iPhoto and then do the small changes takes forever, so I don't like to pull the camera out every time I finish a mini. But it means I either have a whole lot of photos, or no photos.

So do I post them all all at once, and overwhelm people with all the picts (and potentially less feedback), or do I trickle the photos out over the course of weeks, whiling away the time until I pull the camera out again?

Or do I just try to get the camera out more often?