• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Always kill the last goblin. It's a goblin. It's nature is to back stab you.

I've been in two campaigns where, after interrogating (nicely, not torturing :P ) the last goblin in a group that the party had wiped out, a party member invited said goblin to join us. Two totally different groups, and I did nothing to instigate it the second time, I just sat back and waited to see what would happen. Bob the Goblin (first campaign) and Gobby the Goblin became invaluable DMPC's to the campaign, and have many times prompted a player to say, "Man, Bob/Gob is AWESOME!" Bob even had an epic written about him. True story.

Gobby has actually helped us out of a few jams, since his tribe is devoted to wiping out undead due to a curse put on them ages ago, and so he's pretty darn efficient against undead. And guess what we've been running into a lot lately? That's right, undead. ::D: (Note: the DM is playing Gobby very well; he's not stealing the show from the players, he's not distracting from them. He just hangs out and is awesome and helpful and gets in minor mischief from time to time.)

Moral of this story: Goblins are awesome. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

Once upon a time,*** I created a campaign world where Orcs / Goblins / Hobgoblins / Bugbears and all their cousins had been banished or never existed. Occupying the same niche in the dungeons' "eco-system" was a race of creatures which could range in size from D4 hit points to 4D8 Hit Dice. Small groups of them were always a mixed bag which could have individuals anywhere in that range of sizes. Weaponry and armor were, quite literally, from all over the map.

***It seemed like an appropriate introductory cliché phrase for a sentence that was going to be about an imaginary world.

On my way home this morning I stopped in a cafe, where I used the mens room.

Above the urinal was written: "Peterborough is full of fags"

Below it someone else wrote: "And it's fabulous!" And decorated it with hearts.

I left the restroom smiling. That's how you handle insults. Embrace them, and don't be embarrassed or insulted. Lenny Bruce talked about owning words and insults, taking the power from them, and by extension, those using them.

• Like 7

At the Telford International Centre (sort of place where conventions are held) the gents toilet has a poster with a large QR code on it above the middle urinal in a row of 3. How many people are they expecting to get their phone out in that situation and take a picture?

I was in a Jimmy John's lately; the men's room had two signs. One's a silhouette of a man standing and peeing; the other one is of a man sitting in a chair across from the toilet and peeing into it (a rather impressive distance), with "Bitte im sitzen pinkeln" over it.

CONTRADICTORY MESSAGES MUCH?!

• Like 1

On Saturday, I went for a walk because, well, I needed to walk. Mind you, I put in about 10 miles a day at work, but I wanted a different walk. On my walk, I found a nature trail that I had been aware of, but had never really thought about. As soon as I walked inside, I entered a forest canopy and was starkly reminded that the suburb I live in is a wetlands. Well was at one time. Fun fact: when my grandfather did deliveries in this area in the 60's, he use to bring a shotgun with him so he could go duck hunting on his lunch.

I then came home and pumped out about 15 pages of a story I've been working on.

• Like 6

Goblins are like dogs in some ways...

They have 42 20 teeth,

you shouldn't pet someone else's unless you ask first,

they'll live happily off your scraps,

they hate baths,

and they smell worse when you get them wet.

there fixed that for you

I think you'll find that dogs, at least, do have 42 teeth. If we are getting anytomically correct, I don't really know how many teeth a goblin has...

Edited by The Inner Geek

They have 42 20 teeth,

they hate baths,

I think you'll find that dogs, at least, do have 42 teeth. If we are getting anytomically correct, I don't really know how many teeth a goblin has...

there fixed that for you

Like minis, goblins have 20 teeth. Sometimes nasty adventurers come and knock out a few teeth, and then they only have 20.

• Like 1

They have 42 20 teeth,

they hate baths,

there fixed that for you

Like minis, goblins have 20 teeth. Sometimes nasty adventurers come and knock out a few teeth, and then they only have 20.

My damned job. Kept me from posting this very thing and then I get scooped! ;p

• Like 1