Sign in to follow this  
Girot

Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

which is probably why they all tend to live so far away from civilization, and don't register as voters and the like

• Like 5

Tiamacrab's step-by-step guide to learning dragon tax evasion: 

1. Find a lair in unclaimed land, ideally in the middle of the ocean

2. Find the deepest part of said ocean, ideally a trench

3. Excavate lair to the size of your choosing, keeping in mind that the bigger it is, the higher chance sonar might find it [see step 2 to get suitably deep to avoid such annoyances]

4. Amass a suitable amount of minions to do your bidding and create a 'bio mask' for your lair, so that any reading merely shows up as a school of fish, not one gigantic dragon

5. Devour all intruders so no one that accidentally discovers you can get away to tell the tale

• Like 13

Precisely. If we are not registered they don't know we are dragons and thus do not know about the hoard. Used to be you could select a nice mountain, desert, tundra, or for some dragons clouds. But those are all impossible to hide in now. So even dragons not normally noted for swimming have to take to the impossible deep waters to hide. Highly annoying really.

Most dragons now reference Queen Tiamacrab's guide to hide from human governments who want our hoards.

• Like 7

Precisely. If we are not registered they don't know we are dragons and thus do not know about the hoard. Used to be you could select a nice mountain, desert, tundra, or for some dragons clouds. But those are all impossible to hide in now. So even dragons not normally noted for swimming have to take to the impossible deep waters to hide. Highly annoying really.

Most dragons now reference Queen Tiamacrab's guide to hide from human governments who want our hoards.

and they wonder why sending subs down into trenches always fails  :devil:

• Like 10

Yes. Yes they do. Even better when it can be blamed on natural occurrences in the water.

• Like 4

I dislike clowns. I have ever since I saw the movie IT. That movie very nearly scarred me for life an I am still leery of clowns, besides the only guy in real life I know who claims to be a clown...well I would dearly love to beat him into the ground along with his sexist ideas of how I can't even build a proper character even when my properly (not even remotely fully min/maxed) built character rips apart his game

• Like 9

I've never seen IT, but i've never liked clowns which is why I haven't watched it =P don't plan on seeing it either

• Like 7

The best way to beat someone into the ground is to use an amusingly-shaped plastic cactus.

I was ok with clowns...until Killer Klowns from Outer Space....

• Like 6

I've never seen IT, but i've never liked clowns which is why I haven't watched it =P don't plan on seeing it either

IT is a freaky movie.

• Like 2

IT is a freaky movie.

... book was better.
  • Like 5

IT is a terrifying movie! Especially to a kid in about 3rd grade who until then had liked clowns. The babysitter and my dad thought it was totally appropriate, but then my dad mocked me for hiding during the scary parts of movies. SO that explains him. It left my mom with the hard job of trying to make it so I did not run in terror from them.

She enlisted some help from Shriner clowns by explaining what had happened. They were horrified that anyone thought it appropriate and took steps to help me recover enough that I kind of like them, but still prefer them at a distance, but am not quite terrified of them.

Though I can use the brine he leaves outside of Tiamacrab's lair. My sister loves pickles and so it can be put to good use.

• Like 6