• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't use earbuds at all. They never fit right so I turn them up... Then get motion sickness because they're so loud. I understand your pain.

For me, it's the damned megaphone shape of the Apple earbuds, they won't stay in. Makes using them while driving for work impossible, and sitting here at home online almost...serial killer-type aggravating...

I can't use earbuds at all. They never fit right so I turn them up... Then get motion sickness because they're so loud. I understand your pain.

For me, it's the damned megaphone shape of the Apple earbuds, they won't stay in. Makes using them while driving for work impossible, and sitting here at home online almost...serial killer-type aggravating...

It's alright, though, because they Just Work™. ^_^

(FWIW, I didn't mind their earbuds, though I use Philips earbuds with hooks these days.)

Earbuds and driving don't mix.

I don't mind earbuds but I prefer my studio cans, the isolation is so sweet.

For a while I was playing to backing tracks on my ipod through earbuds while monitoring the board through the cans (2 sets of headphones!), but I finally got fed up with that and spliced together a 1/8 to 1/8 to run the ipod into the board, though that cuts into mah tracks because it's only a 4 track...need to nab a 16 at some point so I can track drums better.

I second Cash's observation that wearing earbuds while driving is a bad idea. Wearing any sort of headphones while driving is a very bad idea, really.

Having taken several audiology classes, I hesitate to use earbuds just because I know EXACTLY how bad they are for your ears. I shudder anytime I can hear people's music from across the room - and they're using earbuds!

That being said, I do find that earbuds act nicely as a sort of earplug. I stick them in and practically all background noise is blocked out. The only issue I have with them is that anything that contacts the cord causes this weird rubbery sound to echo in my ears, and it's incredibly distracting.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot

I use earbuds only when I am on the tractor/lawnmower/running the snowblower, because they fit under the ear protectors I wear,and give me while I work. Otherwise, I have a great set of headphones, whichare niceformini painting, because I can shut the whole rest of the world out.

• Like 1

Isn't it dangerous, or even illegal in some jurisdictions, to drive on public roads with your hearing deliberately impaired? (by having noise canceling gear / headphones / earbuds?)

@Oneboot: it is our internet that is slow ... or maybe Kit has the old server check every post before it goes in ... to make sure it is not so big it will crash the server. But, yeah, been noticing a molassification† effect everry now and again.

Straying†† off topic: I managed to paint nothing during the forum outage. :down:

(newly coined word alert; but what did you expect in a thread like this?)

†† (Staying?)

• Like 1

Isn't it dangerous, or even illegal in some jurisdictions, to drive on public roads with your hearing deliberately impaired? (by having noise canceling gear / headphones / earbuds?)

Dangerous? Well, it's legal for deaf people to drive, so it seems that it's a danger we're willing to live with in some cases.

As to the law, here's the answer for the US and Canada.