Sign in to follow this  
Girot

Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Yeah don't get Doug started, that conversation needs to be kept with the bees.

Hey, I've been pretty good.  :blink:

Heck, I've been awesome, but that's a different discussion.  :devil:

• Like 6

Just messin' with ya, I know you've been doing good lately.  :;):

• Like 3

this guy has potential:

77114_w_1.jpg

not sure what he could be....jello gone bad? =P

oh wait, jello would be the gelatinous cube, duh

Agreed on the Gelatinous Cube as Jell-O. He's too fuzzy anyway.  Perhaps meatloaf or mashed potatoes gone bad?

• Like 5

Just messin' with ya, I know you've been doing good lately.  :;):

I wasn't worried. There are things I need validation on, but that wasn't one of them.

I mean, just yesterday....

Wait.

:;):

• Like 4

this guy has potential:

77114_w_1.jpg

Agreed on the Gelatinous Cube as Jell-O. He's too fuzzy anyway.  Perhaps meatloaf or mashed potatoes gone bad?

evil mashed potatoes!

• Like 11

this guy has potential:

77114_w_1.jpg

evil mashed potatoes!

I love this thread.  :wub:

• Like 7

I love this thread.  :wub:

This thread is full of epic win, covered in awesomesauce.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 6

evil mashed potatoes covered in awesomesauce?

fear little Mouslings, fear!

Heck ya!

• Like 3

This'll be my last post before moving day (Thursday), so it'll be a wee bit lengthy (but then, that's hardly new for me)  ^_^ 

How the Hartigan did I miss this? Huzzah for .sig material!

Funny thing: on the other forum I'm an active member of, my signature has achieved almost legendary status. It's practically become a status symbol to be quoted in it, and I've had forum members offer to duel each other to the death (jokingly...I'm pretty sure) to determine who is the most popular of them all. It's not something I ever planned, and frankly, I find the whole thing hilarious.  :lol:

In some lengthy discussions on the subject with my mystery author friend, I have come to the conclusion that the proper length for a novel is about 400 pages.

While I've found this to generally be more true than otherwise, I've read books that simply needed to be long, such as Brandon Sanderson's latest series, The Stormlight Archive. Both of the books in it so far have been just over 1000 pages, but neither one felt that long. In my opinion at least, ymmv.

I really liked the first 3 Hitchhikers books and the Dirk gently series, but the later Hitchhikers books were not quite as good. Also he died after ending a book on a down note so now the entire series ends as bit of a downer. :(

I fully maintain that the series ended with Arthur all happy making sandwiches. I will fiercely maintain this belief in the face of any and all evidence to the contrary.  ^_^

LK is likely Sam the Bald Eagle. I don't care to comment on who's Miss Piggy...I'd like to remain intact.

I see Cash as being more Sam Eagle, actually. I haven't decided who LK would be. :) Or me, for that matter. I think Pingo might be Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, what with all the scientific knowledge and such. :D

I also enjoyed kid mysteries like the Hardy Boys

Ah, the Hardy Boys. My mom tried so hard to convince me that I liked the Nancy Drew series, which I really did, until I discovered my uncle's impressive collection of Hardy Boys books, and he let me borrow a couple. I was sold after the first one. So much more action and suspense than Nancy Drew.  ^_^

Regarding Terry Prachett, there's something about his novels (all the ones I've read, anyways) that really appeals to me. There's just something about his writing style, his quirky characters, and his copious footnotes and asides that I enjoy. I'm actually reading a Prachett novel right now (on my Kindle, since all our books are packed away).

I also love the Kingkiller Chronicles by Rothfuss.

I enjoyed the Kingkiller Chronicles, but I wish I had physical copies rather than just on Kindle. I'm funny in that I like to, mmm, edit books that I'm likely to read often, removing profanity, that sort of thing. And the second book had a few chapters that made me a bit uncomfortable. Not as uncomfortable as I would have been were I unmarried, but still.

~~~~~~~~~~~

On a different topic, our 2 year long Pathfinder game had it's last session yesterday. This is the longest TTRPG game I've ever been in, and (biases aside; Mr. Boot was the GM), the best, and I've been in many. The session was a solid 12 hours long, and even though only half the group was able to make it, it was still amazing. I mean, our group defeated The Whispering Tyrant, all by ourselves! (with some help from Aerodin, one of the Pathfinder deities, whom we freed in the process). Our group has dealt with several deities over the course of the game, and as part of the "final cinematic," they all showed up, each of them there for a specific character.

Mr. Boot has spent a long time considering what everyone's character's rewards/ending would be, and it really showed. My fun little halfling rogue got the most awesome-est reward (in her opinion). The entire game, she's worshipped Banjo, a handpuppet, as her deity, and has tried the whole time to convince others that he really is a deity, and to convert people to him, with very minimal success. So, you can imagine the incredible joy she had when BANJO HIMSELF APPEARED RIGHT NEXT TO HER!  :bday:  :wub:  ::D:

I will confess to actually crying a few happy tears. ^_^

He granted her immortality (which I wasn't expecting), as long as she spread joy and laughter wherever she went, and also granted her the "fey" template, which I still need to look over. GM also went on to say that she did successfully establish The First Church of Banjo, which turned into several; they all tended to be mead halls or theaters, places where people could gather and have fun.

Everyone else's rewards were just as carefully thought out and tailored exactly to each character's personality and beliefs and actions throughout the game. Happy endings for everyone, but they were earned. It's the most satisfying ending to a game I think I've ever seen.

After Mr. Boot finished with the last bit of the "afterstory" stuff (what the characters went on to do with their lives after the story, as well as hints of some trouble that will need dealing with down the road), I felt it highly appropriate to play this:

Much happiness.  :wub:

And with that, I must wish you all a fond farewell, until I shall post again from the Land of Richland. Try not to blow the place up while I'm gone.  :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 18

XD cheese elemental! Someone do it, it'd be so awesome

That would be awesome. Especially if it could be put in a vignette with some other food based monsters. Like a water elemental painted to be a milk, juice or a cola elemental. Or a beholder as a rotting apple or orange. :upside:

or surrounded by mouselings...

Oh, I should have mentioned I was assuming there would be several mouselings attacking the dreaded food monsters.

The eventual foe-men for the League of Justice and Caeke are supposed to be "Chodlings", which I think are some kind of food-based gremlins.

On an unrelated note - I came in an hour early today, because we usually have an 8 AM weekly team online meeting with our counterparts located in the Finland office, only to discover it had been cancelled.  :grr:

A perfect opportunity to sign up your not present and therefore defenseless co-workers for action items or to put their names down for the next several meetings. Hope you took advantage of it.

:devil:

• Like 6

And with that, I must wish you all a fond farewell, until I shall post again from the Land of Richland. Try not to blow the place up while I'm gone.  :lol:

I look forward to your next appearance, but I'm afraid that I won't entertain unreasonable requests.

:;):

• Like 8

Sounds like a fantastic game ending Mrs. Boot, we'll make sure to leave you with many fun pages to read when you get back from your adventures. Safe travels!

• Like 6