Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

When I visited America a few years ago I was in a Thai restaurant and was amused by the next table having a Mexican-looking guy trying to teach an Asian-looking girl how to use chopsticks.

(I specify "-looking" because I could tell by their accents that they were American. Still, the image was amusing)

One giant melting pot, us.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of all Asian-area foods too, though I've got a low tolerance for spicy (it makes my stomach unhappy if I'm not careful), which makes me sad because Thai food is delicious!

Sushi and anything Chinese (not sure how authentic any of the Chinese food I've had is, given that I'm right in the middle of the USA, but still...) are my favorites by far. I had sushi for lunch, as a matter of fact. ^_^ Thank goodness our small town actually has sushi restaurants! :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Won't eat Thai food? Well, it takes all sorts I suppose. Though I'm pretty sure my stomach would assume my throat had been cut if I quit eating it on a regular basis. :ph34r:

Thai is just about the only food that I won't choose the spiciest available variation on the menu.

I went to a Thai restaurant in Gastonia, NC a couple of years ago (which was far better than the Mexican place in Kings Mountain ... shudder), and they didn't want to serve anything other than the mild version of the dish. I guess they have had too many dishes returned because NC is filled with chili wimps. ^_^

• Like 2

Won't eat Thai food? Well, it takes all sorts I suppose. Though I'm pretty sure my stomach would assume my throat had been cut if I quit eating it on a regular basis. :ph34r:

Thai is just about the only food that I won't choose the spiciest available variation on the menu.

I went to a Thai restaurant in Gastonia, NC a couple of years ago (which was far better than the Mexican place in Kings Mountain ... shudder), and they didn't want to serve anything other than the mild version of the dish. I guess they have had too many dishes returned because NC is filled with chili wimps. ^_^

I generally ask for medium heat just to account for the cooks that skew toward really spicing things up. I like pretty hot food but I'm not insane enough to order 'Thai hot'. I do have a friend who generally goes for the hottest foods he can get and then adds hot sauce and chilies to it. He only tried that once with Thai food tho. He ordered 'Thai hot' Pad Kee Mao and added chili sauce to it before tasting it. That was literally the only time I've seen a dish make him sweat. I'll give him props tho, he ate it all. He did report there were...erm...consequences the next day.... (;

• Like 1