Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

Twenty years ago a guy played a vampire in an urban fantasy game I was in. He was not romantic, more like one of the borderline psychos from "Highlander." He had a lot of fun with it.

I understand he's a lawyer now.

• Like 7

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my favorite film vampires are the ones from the Blade series. They were monsters and human, but not too human. I like 'moderate' vampires; somewhat human but still monstrous, rather than the extremes of '30 days of night' on one end and 'Twilight' on the other.

Great. Now this whole line of thinking has germinated the seed of an idea of a Hunter: The Reckoning game I was debating about running for Halloween... Imagine the hunters running across a vampire, begin tracking him down and make all their plans to kill him, and then finding out he's in love with some human woman. I think I can make it work. Oh, moral conundrums, how you make my games so much better.

Vampires can be cool. I never cared for the Ricean model of Vampire, but I do enjoy well done Vampires that retain their sense of humanity, the tormented ones, who in their heart hate what they have become, and hate doing harm, but can't stop can be some of the most beautifully chilling monsters in any game. The Nosferatu (movie) and original Dracula(book) vampires can also make great enemies in stories. What I hate the most are 'cheap' Vampire's like Twilight where they are just 'so much better in every way'

• Like 2

We've got an NPC vampiress in our current campaign, though our DM did some very creative things with her backstory that makes her interesting. Lucia is a member of a high-ranking noble family in Lastwall (maybe it's Last Wall, not sure) who was turned into a vampire against her will. Only her family and the family priest know about this, and her and the priest have done everything they could think of to get rid of her "condition" as she refers to it. Everything from bathing in holy water to exposing her to sunlight, etc.; Lucia is a very determined lady. :)

This resulted in her vampiric powers/abilities/tendencies being somewhat reduced, but she's still a vampire. She also wears a Ring of Sustenance so she doesn't have to drink blood, but when she does, she reacts as though she's on like 10 energy drinks. She once took out an entire building-worth of guards by herself. Which in and of itself was pretty startling, given that she normally acts like a very proper lady, and only casts spells in combat.

Half the time we forget that she's a vampire (my character was trying to be helpful and used a Cure Moderate Wounds on her once...whoops :unsure: ), and then she'll go and do something like turn into a giant bat. Lucia's awesome. ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Woah.

I feel...different. Like, sort of more awesome, but in an epic kind of way.

And I seem to be...glowing?

:huh:

*looks at profile*

Ah, I see! So this is what it feels like to ascend to Godlike! Cool!

Now, who do I PM to request a forum title change? ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6

Twenty years ago a guy played a vampire in an urban fantasy game I was in. He was not romantic, more like one of the borderline psychos from "Highlander." He had a lot of fun with it.

I understand he's a lawyer now.

What happened to 'not mix RPG and reality'?