Fairytales meet The Hunger Games/Battle Royale

Atramagus

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

collars are pretty noticeable and in some cases hard to remove, since the figures have other stuff such as hair, clothes, accessories going on on top of the collars.  ;(

I still haven't heard back from the email or kickstarter message I sent inquiring after the missing 2nd set of minis. :(

Alison

• Like 1

I received my Sacred 40 figures last week, quite unexpectedly.  The detail is good, though I was surprised at just how large the figures are (I think the KS listed 35mm, and they weren't kidding).  They're large enough that they stand about a head taller than most 32mm figures, so it would be hard to use the figures in a similar game.  I can see why they went with the larger size (from a "display" perspective), though it does greatly limit their use for most games and could reduce the number of people who would otherwise have bought the figures.  There's a reason most companies stick to standard sizes, after all.

That said, they look like they're going to be really nice display pieces.  I can second Jubilee's comment above that the collars, though they vary from being easy to remove to rather difficult (specifically for the girls with long hair that "frames" the collar).  Still, it's entirely possible and I think I managed to do a serviceable job.  While the big blocky "explosive" needs to go, the rest of the collar can remain for a fair number of the figures.  For example, it's fitting as a collar for the most "beastly" figures, and can work as a choker or high-necked collar for the girls in dresses.  I plan to paint up at least some of the figures as part of the 6MMRPC and see how well the conversion works out.

• Like 2

So, even though I missed this, I found a guy who's doing sequential reviews of the sacred 40. About 15 min each box and a pretty good review of the minis for us that don't own them but want to:

Also gives a little bit extra lore which I like

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 3

So does anyone know if he is delivering the sacred 40 now for those who picked up dropped pledges? I emailed about a week and a half ago but haven't heard back... And can't comment on kickstarter as I didn't back through kickstarter. I can wait but it would be nice to have a time frame...

I just got my box figures today.  Didnt get in on the kickstarter itself, but was able to pick them up when they offered the pledges that were refunded.  They look nice from what I saw with a quick glance.

• Like 1

So does anyone know if he is delivering the sacred 40 now for those who picked up dropped pledges? I emailed about a week and a half ago but haven't heard back... And can't comment on kickstarter as I didn't back through kickstarter. I can wait but it would be nice to have a time frame...

I picked up a dropped pledge and found my order on my porch today.

The miniatures aren't super rigid. The arms and wings are bendy, but not too bendy. The big minis are the best... And the collars fit on them... or at least don't seem out of place. The female minis are nice.. They are a little bit bigger than your average 28-32mm mini.. So are little larger. The male minis are all really big. They are on scale with Kingdom death or the larger scale hasslefree minis. I like them and am glad I bought into this. My absolute favorites are the Beast and the werewolf. I like Red too, but she is a bit too large for any PCs or NPC's in my game...

• Like 2

Depending on how thin the part where it's bending is, pinning it might be advisable, although boiling it should at the very least help a bit.

The thing is, however, that the thinner the parts are the more likely they are to need pinning, but also the harder they are to pin, (particularly if they're a complex part like an animal's leg or a foot that's not solidly on the ground).

• Like 1