Fairytales meet The Hunger Games/Battle Royale

Atramagus

Update on the miniature quality: " Though not a very hard plastic, PVC 95 retains a high amount of detail from the original sculpt, and is also very durable and will hold up well under use. It is also the hardest plastic that can be used that allows for the minis to be preassembled during manufacturing."[/size]

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682539325/fairytale-games-the-miniatures-campaign/posts/608943#comments

I've posted some questions in that updates comment section. I'd encourage anyone with questions to do the same. It wouldn't hurt to show them there are folks actually interested in the minis.

So it will all depend on the amount of stretch goals, to see if this is worth the money.

I hope they can manage EU fullfilment.

$100 BBW + $30 shipping + $40 customs.

At the moment that's still $6 per plastic mini.

I'm not in the EU, but the $value per mini is a concern, and a gamble on the final quality. Edited by Darsc Zacal

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does bbw really cover then?? Adding in the 36 miniatures from the previous kickstarter was an afterthought and not considered an unlockable. It's 50$ for 2/6 of the boxes of 6 miniatures, which doesn't seem that great. Every time I see this kickstarter my money inches slowly out of my wallet. The more unlockables make it more and more worth it but little is known about the quality of miniatures and I have no idea what I'm looking at. O_O

Scratch that BBW is excluded from the 40 miniatures boxset thing.

Edited by MissMelons

In the reply to Darsc Zacal, Jeff Gracia from Greenbrier Games posted a link to the Zpocalypse: Aftermath kickstarter along with an explanation of how the minis are made. They use a 3d printer to make a proof they cast the miniature from. Here are a couple examples, the pink is the output from the 3d printer, and the grey is the actual mini:

image-262011-full.jpg?1369272553image-262012-full.jpg?1369272561

image-305552-full.jpg?1375925470image-305550-full.jpg?1375925439

There is definitely some detail loss, but it looks pretty good to me.

From the answer I was given, it sounds like this is a similar material to what Mantic uses for many of its minis and what Sedition Wars used for theirs. The material is known to shrink quite a bit during the casting process, which needs to be taken into account when the masters are being sculpted, as some loss of detail is to be expected and/or the mini can end up being smaller than expected.

The fact that these are being printed from the digital files is promising. To my understanding, the multiple mold process sounds similar to what they use for intricate casting in the model industry. I like that these are planned to be on the larger aize of the 32mm scale. I am cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1

They added a new pledge level for minis only from both campaigns. It's $240 for currently 64 minis (7 large) plus all stretch goals. The next unlock is Miyamoto Musashi.

Pfft, with that i'm out. If it was 140$ for 64 miniatures plus whatever gets unlocked, then i'm game. 240$ is just too much for something that we are unsure of the quality.

That's more than I'm willing to gamble on this.

With so many other kickstarters on the immediate horizon, I'm not sure I'll be sticking with this project anyway.

I'll see what the entry level for Bones II is; I can always add more later in the pm.

But for the Fairytale Games, I already have one foot out the door. I'll see how things go in 20 days; maybe they unlock another 100 minis.

I feel somewhat better about my worries over the expected quality of the mini's since the folk from Greenbrier made their replies. While still a concern, its not as big of one as it was previously.

It's more a matter of there's a lot of demand being placed on my hobby dollars within a very short time frame, and to be honest something's gotta give. ::(: