Fairytales meet The Hunger Games/Battle Royale

Atramagus

Oh goody. I'll save reading those till later tonight after I get home.

Serves 'em right for ignoring the fact that their kickstarter was supposed to be about the minis in the first place.

Well there is a lot of...Anti-Bones propaganda going on that has an unnatural amount of bitterness for a lovely fairytale miniature kickstarter.....Some talk of infiltrating reapers kick starter to move pledges back to the fairy tale one. One person got particularly heated about the decline of pledges... I think they only made 368$ today so they are...bitter? I kind of wish that the person that leads their kickstarter did some damage control. After a couple of days of bones being around, if there's cash left over, I would have put some down on BBW but I don't really like how the person managing their kickstarter has done very little to put on the Anti-Reaper discussions. Someone was claiming that bones aren't meant for active play but to be used as 'tokens'. I dunno, fortunately it has come to a crawl in the reaper/bones crashing, but needless to say, they aren't happy about it.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of funny that the people there are saying Bones are a cheap plastic and not very good for high quality minis. What do they think this kickstarter's plastic is?

Yeah, they make it seem like the fairytale minis will be of metal equivalents but in plastic but we still have yet to see an actual miniature sculp mold, thingy from the game and not some other unrelated game.

It does seem to have had rather a lot of anti-Bones sentiment there, but I think that's probably just a product of having a lot of people there who were more in for the initial game than the mini's. So they're seeing things as more of a threat than they should and maybe not aware of the lull most campaigns get anyway. I do wish the creator shut down the complaints more though, I think a lot of these projects actually help each other. Would nearly as many miniature buyers even be paying attention to Kickstarter if Bones 1 hadn't happened?

Compare, for example, Dawn: Rise of the Occulites which dropped from $31K yesterday (three stretch goals) to $6K today (no stretch goals) without mention of Bones or Reaper.

It looks like that project is just over $38k actually (and it looks kinda cool actually!). Maybe you were thinking of another project or there was a glitch?

• Like 1

Compare, for example, Dawn: Rise of the Occulites which dropped from $31K yesterday (three stretch goals) to $6K today (no stretch goals) without mention of Bones or Reaper.

It looks like that project is just over $38k actually (and it looks kinda cool actually!). Maybe you were thinking of another project or there was a glitch?

Poor phrasing: $31K contributed yesterday and $6K contributed today.

Poor phrasing: $31K contributed yesterday and $6K contributed today.

Well that's because the last KS for the Occulites was canceled so the huge influx was all the people that pledged in the first one.

It's kind of funny that the people there are saying Bones are a cheap plastic and not very good for high quality minis. What do they think this kickstarter's plastic is?

I'm a backer for this kickstarter (obvious to anyone reading this thread) but their product is an unknown quantity at this point. I am hoping the quality and durability is as good as bones. I really don't like the comment section over there, I think there is a high percentage of kickstarter and mini newbie backers and there is just too much chaff if you want to look for anything like a useful comment. I do admire their enthusiasm though.

• Like 1

I'm a backer for this kickstarter (obvious to anyone reading this thread) but their product is an unknown quantity at this point. I am hoping the quality and durability is as good as bones. I really don't like the comment section over there, I think there is a high percentage of kickstarter and mini newbie backers and there is just too much chaff if you want to look for anything like a useful comment. I do admire their enthusiasm though.

If they can't demonstrate that the quality is superior to bones then I'll be out.

Yeah... the negativity in their mini-campaign is kind of making me feel bad for posting this here in the first place. I don't understand the rage and hate - and it seems to be just a few, very vocal users.

I don't mind people being opinionated about Bones, (Hell im opinionated about bones vs metal for painting reasons but I still love both) The problem is they make such negative comments towards the company of Reaper too. How they don't deserve to be on kickstarter and they're taking money from 'indie' miniature developers by throwing a kickstarter. Again, I wish their kickstarter leader would do some damage control on the comments and steer attention back to their own kickstarter. For now, my money will stay in my wallet......or go towards more bones stuff. @[email protected] Mmmm that Core expansions getting kinda hot.

The first Greens should be shown on October 9th.

I think a lot will depend on the quality of those figures, if we can get more people involved in this KS or if it will drive the people who are in it for the minis away.

Edit: Nope. Not Greens; just more Renders apparently.

Edited by Godfather Punk