Sign in to follow this  
TheAuldGrump

Miniatures For A Ghostbusters Game?

Just started running a pair of Ghostbusters International campaigns - set twenty years apart, both in the same Boston. One based, loosely, on Real Ghostbusters, the other - for younger players - on Extreme Ghostbusters.

The older group will be GBI: Boston, the younger group will be Ghostbusters: New England.

Twenty years ago GBI:B caught many of Boston's creepiest critters, and locked them away in a containment grid that drew power from the T's subway lines.

Then, twenty years later, somebody found the leech that the GBI:B had been using to steal power, and... shut it down.

All the critters were released, and the disabled veterans of GBI:B had to recruit new members....

What figures can be used for a Ghostbusters game?

I have some terrain selected, for the headquarters at least - a disused stretch of the Boylston line and a closed portal of the Tremont St. station. (Also used in a long ago sitcom 'Park Street Under'.)

mr2.jpg

bigangle.jpg

But the only figures that I have chosen are Rosie -

50016_w_1.jpg

Her gun will be modified to a proton pack.

And some really stupid looking plastic DDM miniatures. (Stupid actually works in their favor, this time.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

I am thinking a modified WW2 flamethrower trooper would work, too. Should heave heavy gloves already, and a pack with hoses running to a gun thing.

If you could find them these would be a very cool to use for any Ghostbuster game:

Clue-Haunted.tin.1a.jpg

Unfortunately (at least as far as I know) they were only in Disney's Haunted Mansion Clue game and then only in the first edition of the game which came in a tin box. When they changed the box to a standard cardboard box the ghosts were changed to cardboard standups.

Clue-Haunted.box.1a.jpgSo if you happen to stumble across a yard sale or something you are looking for a copy of the game in the middle of the picture.

Clue-Haunted.2a.jpg

• Like 1

Guild of Harmony has Aykroyd. It's currently a limited resin sculpt, but he says it should be available later this fall in metal.

-Dave

Edited by dispatchdave
  • Like 1

Hmmm, some very nice possibilities.... ::):

So far monsters are being a lot easier to find than PCs. PCs, NPCs both...

The next game is for the adults.... The mission in that adventure is a bit different - somebody's ghost has disappeared, and the family wants him back. That ghost and the ghost of an upstairs maid have disappeared... together....

Some critters that are already in my bin:

Hound of Tindalos -

50289_p_1_mj.jpg

Bathalian Primarch

50142_w_1.jpg

Astral Mauler

02976_w_1.jpg

All likely to be used in an Old Man of Providence adventure... These aren't real - they are leaking from the dreams of the ghost of Ech Pi El....

I thought of the Hazmat team - Hasslefree was the second place that I hit looking for PCs. They might do, but they didn't grab me.

@ Talae.... thanks for the Gneech and Carmen links! Some very nice conversion work.... Might be the best way to go.

@ dispatchdave.... Wow... some ordering to do, I think.... Not at all useful for this game, but I run a steampunk game as well... and I know somebody that I need to paint up that Tinkerbell for....

Horrorclix... I will look locally... one of those might work.

The group has no Egon type, I am afraid - but they do have a

Carnacki.... Even named Carnacki, a descendant of Hodgeson's character.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

Any chance you will be doing an apartment scene at all?

I love the WWG set, but don't play modern.

maa_1.jpg

I could also see using Shellendrak for a creepy mansion and maybe stuff like NecroBlock for an altered world/dimension shift kind of thing.

Any chance you will be doing an apartment scene at all?

I love the WWG set, but don't play modern.

maa_1.jpg

I could also see using Shellendrak for a creepy mansion and maybe stuff like NecroBlock for an altered world/dimension shift kind of thing.

As I mentioned - terrain is not a problem.

Minis.... a bit more of a problem.

I could have sworn that there were some not-Ghostbusters out there, but....

The Auld Grump

It seems that the HorrorClix is the only answer I could find that didn't require at least some modding to fit in.

http://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_16&products_id=127

Those aren't far off (the ones chosen in the blog I posted).

Edited by Talae

Well, one player has chosen his figure... but it isn't out yet, and I will need to make a proton pack for it....

Found it in the Greens section, e-mailed him the image.

50297_g_1.jpg

He's the Muscle character... acts a lot like Jack Burton in Big Trouble in Little China.

If played by Bruce Campbell. ::P:

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump