On Style

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My number one rule for painting is have fun doing it. Sure we all want to improve, learn, and advance. But if you aren't having fun doing it, then you probably should be doing something else! We all can't be award winning painters. But we can have alot of fun painting and moving forward in our hobby. And having fun in the great Reaper forum community!

• Like 2

This is very helpful to me at the moment as I am struggling with accepting my own natural style. Recently I've given in to pressure from people to use less vibrant colours, to paint fewer babes, to paint historical mini's and to less "high fantasy" and more orcs, trolls, goblins etc. And I'm miserable as a painter right now. Really my favorite thing in the world to paint are Reaper Babes and I don't understand why I can't just paint as many of them as I want and still be accepted as a painter.

So thanks for this. I need to go prime a babe and make myself happy.

• Like 11

The Griffin said to the Goblin: cheers!

**Full disclosure: as mentioned in another thread, I know I started with India ink (rather than the Testors) and possibly some UK import, Humbrol brand oils.

One of the worst feelings as a painter is to be stuck painting something you really don't want to. It's a hobby, not a chore. If you're just painting for yourself then don't let anyone else sideline you into painting what, or how, they prefer.

• Like 2