Sign in to follow this  
eriochrome

Worst Value Kickstarter Option.

that it does. The whole 'we could charge the same/more and no one would know' situation where they decided not to shows that Reaper is not out to get rich at the customers expense. Which in turn makes me more inclined to buy from them. Honesty = happy customers = more return business = profit. If only more people followed that formula

• Like 5

No one would make that model in Metal anymore. I would estimate that Forge World would make it in resin at about 300 dollars. Their two headed chaos dragon that is like 11 inches high and 15 inches wides is like 215 pounds.

that it does. The whole 'we could charge the same/more and no one would know' situation where they decided not to shows that Reaper is not out to get rich at the customers expense. Which in turn makes me more inclined to buy from them. Honesty = happy customers = more return business = profit. If only more people followed that formula

Well said sir!

I traded in Sophie in a heartbeat because for me, she was a worse value than the figure case and paint sets I traded her in for. This was because, like unidentifiable, I also have zero use for a succubus on a motorcycle for gaming (that, and I'm also a self-professed prude).

That being said, the fact that FoN is retailing for a bit less bothers me not in the slightest due to the overwhelmingly epic deal of the rest of everything. I really debated over getting one of the big 3 just because of the wicked awesome deal and because the sculpts are indeed gorgeous, but my focus was on getting gaming minis, and these guys just ain't (except for player terrorizing value, hee). Plus, they're so ginormous that I'd have nowhere to put it, and really nowhere to display it anyways. Maybe someday I'll have a)the painting skills to justify getting one (I'm brand new to all this), and b)somewhere nice to display it when I'm done. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 1

This was because, like unidentifiable, I also have zero use for a succubus on a motorcycle for gaming (that, and I'm also a self-professed prude).

I have no use for a naked succubus on a motorcycle in my campaign, but now that I have UL Sophie, I have reason to find a way to work one into my game.

It's going to be harder justifying the Nova Corps soldiers, but that's why they invented Time Travel.

• Like 2

I think the worst value is pretty obvious. The Razig Pirate flag for $1000.

I don't think anyone picked that up. It was unclaimed as a reward according to the KS page. Maybe because it was obviously really bad value.

I'd be interested to know the Cost/Benefit of paying $1k for "All new metal minis shipped to you for an entire year". Given that an average mini runs about $7, you'd need 145 minis to break even. Does Reaper produce that many new minis every year?

I'd be interested to know the Cost/Benefit of paying $1k for "All new metal minis shipped to you for an entire year". Given that an average mini runs about $7, you'd need 145 minis to break even. Does Reaper produce that many new minis every year?

Also, are they shipped as they are released, or is it like an end-of-the-year batch of minis? I imagine shipping costs could potentially start to add up, depending on how Reaper's release schedule works.

Also, are they shipped as they are released, or is it like an end-of-the-year batch of minis? I imagine shipping costs could potentially start to add up, depending on how Reaper's release schedule works.

As I recall, it was monthly. Also, Bones has been delaying their new productions, so they haven't put out any new minis in a few months, but have agreed to keep sending out metals for that level into next year.

It was US/Canada only as I recall, so no international postage would have to help.

In the past Reaper averaged about 16 New minis a month. At that rate the subscription pledge was a good deal. I'm sure Reaper is going to grant some compensation for this level.

• Like 2

That's really a matter of perspective. If you are into pirates it was a great deal. A handsome flag that is truly on the large side of things. Again must be really into pirates.

Edited by Heisler

That's really a matter of perspective. If you are into pirates it was a great deal. A handsome flag that is truly on the large side of things. Again must be really into pirates.

Agreed. If you consider the $500 (retail) cost of Bones, another $500 for an awesomely huge pirate flag is not that far out there. Not for me, 'cause I'm more poor than rich, but still not a total waste.

-Dave