Exciting news from the KS comments (I assume it's Reaperbryan who posted, but I've no way of knowing):

Reaper Miniatures said:

The items I listed below will be complete when the last container arrives (very soon). We know the container is off the boat, so now keep your figures crossed the the train from L.A to Dallas doesn't derail!

Of 18,000+ backers [not 17,000] we have shipped not quite 3000 so far already, the other containers have freed up about 3000 more [including the delayed Canadian orders which can ship now] so 2/3 will be able to ship with this last container arriving.

Watch our main website for a daily counter. I know Kit (Mr. Hands) is working on one so that once the madness really begins you can see our progress. I don't know how soon he will put it up there, and I don't know if it's going to count down or up, but either way, it's all very exciting!

[email protected]

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

That wasn't me... I am not in the habit of giving hard numbers. I've always said "several thousand" in the first wave, and the 9 trucks we have open "several thousand" more, not this...

It's accurate, and I'm trying to get all ~3,000 out by the time the truck arrives.

It will be delivered to our factory on Tuesday the 18th, which is precisely on time! We're going to scurry to ship as much as we can before then, and then as much as we can after it, too! have already posted this in the KS comments but not as an update - a real "update" will be posted once the truck is actually in-hand.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bryan for the update.

Now if we could get a mod to clean the MANY pages of off topic filler, people would actually be able to use this thread to see whats happening with the bones shipment and the relevant updates.

Seriously people, untill today this thread has become nearly useless due to the off topic chatter that is preventing people from being able to easily find relevant information to the original topic.

• Like 1

Thanks Bryan for the update.

Now if we could get a mod to clean the MANY pages of off topic filler, people would actually be able to use this thread to see whats happening with the bones shipment and the relevant updates.

Seriously people, untill today this thread has become nearly useless due to the off topic chatter that is preventing people from being able to easily find relevant information to the original topic.

Which is why when I'm looking for an update in a thread I skip every other page- it's mostly random chatter that doesn't have much to do with the thread's OP so I skip through it until I find something pertaining to the actual topic, then I'll back up a page to find the post with the real information.

It was mind numbing to read pages of comments about sizes of beasties & (dear Lord...) a discussion about the pros & cons of squares vs hexagons. (YAWN) Another reason why I don't play RPGs.

Thanks for the info Bryan & thank you to EVERYONE at Reaper for going through hell so we can enjoy our hobby.

So when the container arrives Tuesday you will be able to fulfill up to about the 9000 mark?

If that is how it is, when will the containers allowing the rest of the fulfillment arrive. I understand you do not have hard numbers, generalizations will do, next month, three months, next year. I am not complaining in any fashion just looking for more information. If that is my misreading it, then my apologies.

From what I gather, Reaper will be able to fulfill all of the kickstarter pledges, all 18,000 of them when that last container arrives. The reason that they are waiting on the last container, is that there are popular items on them that are needed for most of the remaining pledges. It isn't a quantity issue of items on each container, but which items are on which container.

Edited by Mistwalker

There's a list over here that says some of what is in that last container. While they might have the majority of everything on hand, that last container will have 1 or 2 minis that are part of a set and that hold up any order with them in it. For instance, we know that they have Kaladrax himself in the warehouse right now, because we've seen the boxes. But they can't ship any of them out yet since Hyrekia is in that last container and she's included with every Kaladrax order.

Please remember that they only have so much space, so of course they need to get orders out asap to fit the newer items in the building! If I'm not mistaken, there was talk before of putting things that couldn't fit into storage. I'm hoping they don't have to resort to that. So if they do decide to send off orders of larger complexity as well as smaller orders, don't get mad guys! It's for the space if they do it at all.

More news, this time from the Reaper Facebook (why I didn't think to like their page earlier is beyond me):

"For those folks who care, all Canadian Kickstarter Backers' orders should go out the same day and that should happen in the early part of next week. UPS wants to be here while we do it, just to make sure everything goes as it should--which we are very thankful for!"

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

So when the container arrives Tuesday you will be able to fulfill up to about the 9000 mark?

If that is how it is, when will the containers allowing the rest of the fulfillment arrive. I understand you do not have hard numbers, generalizations will do, next month, three months, next year. I am not complaining in any fashion just looking for more information. If that is my misreading it, then my apologies.

Literally as I type this, I'm listening for the sound of the last truck pulling into our dock with the last Container. We should be able to begin the final push this afternoon! It will still take an estimated 8-10 days, though, so we do still need to beg patience.

Please remember that they only have so much space, so of course they need to get orders out asap to fit the newer items in the building! If I'm not mistaken, there was talk before of putting things that couldn't fit into storage. I'm hoping they don't have to resort to that. So if they do decide to send off orders of larger complexity as well as smaller orders, don't get mad guys! It's for the space if they do it at all.

We did. In addition to the new addition to the building, we had to rent a facility that's equal to our original size. The sum total of Containers received was 10, of which I can fit 4 in the "old" building, and 3 in the new. In order to make it all fit, though, and still have room to ship, we put most of it in the rental and set up the shipping lines and apparatus - perhaps I can get Kit to take pics or a short video of fulfillment, so you can see how much space it takes up.

So it's early morning in Texas right now. I'm just about to start work in an hour and by the end of my shift Reaper should have the last container of Bones! Nearly time to start obsessively checking email...

Yep. For me, this truck signals the end of free time and sleep. The BONES must Flow!!