No problem, I'm just seeing a few people claim that they've had shipping confirmation, or not be explict about it, and when I check it's been, to date, the System Check email.

Not a big problem, except people are posting them to the Kickstarter without context or claiming that it's shipping notification and the feeding frenzy gets larger.

I'd prefer that my name not become a curse on ReaperBryan's lips again, so hence why I'm trying to get ahead if this a little >.>

It could be by backer number, it could be by order of pledge manager completion, alphabetical by name, alphabetical by email address or even completely random. I am entrenched firmly in the "let's not read anything into this" camp.

I have not yet received an email. I am not worried, though.

I am willing to bet that it is not alphabetical by backer (my first name starts with A and last starts with K). My email is also an A. I have a decent chunk of add-ons, but definitely not everything and not the two big dragons.

My guess is either pledge manager completion date or random.

For the record, I have received neither a system check email nor a shipping email. They'll come when they come. In the mean time, since shipping has resumed I don't have much time left to remodel our craft room. I guess I should finish that off Soon™. Maybe a WIP thread for the craft room is in order…

• Like 2

@Dan I hear ya! My sewing/computer room needs to be fixed up too. As it is, I may just set the Bones out on the dining table! I'd prefer having it in here though, even with the smaller table space. I'm also hoping my bf doesn't accidentally sit on any of them as we unpack, which is why tables are better!

• Like 1

It could be by backer number, it could be by order of pledge manager completion, alphabetical by name, alphabetical by email address or even completely random. I am entrenched firmly in the "let's not read anything into this" camp.

I am willing to bet that it is not alphabetical by backer (my first name starts with A and last starts with K). My email is also an A. I have a decent chunk of add-ons, but definitely not everything and not the two big dragons.

I am in the exact same alphabetical position as you, oddly enough.

It may well be pledge order or confirming order. I didn't pledge until the last week of the Kickstarter, and due to a computer hiccup I confirmed late as well.

Anyhow, exciting news and I'm not worried either.

I immediately deleted the email. I suspect it to be a ploy to get me overly excited or just a bad luck talisman on my computer.

Now I will pretend I never saw the message and continue to be obliviously happy waiting on my various KSs to get here? ;-)

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 1

No problem, I'm just seeing a few people claim that they've had shipping confirmation, or not be explict about it, and when I check it's been, to date, the System Check email.

Not a big problem, except people are posting them to the Kickstarter without context or claiming that it's shipping notification and the feeding frenzy gets larger.

I'd prefer that my name not become a curse on ReaperBryan's lips again, so hence why I'm trying to get ahead if this a little >.>

Meh, if Reaper didn't want people to confuse the system check emails with shipping notices they could have easily made an update explaining what was going on before they started sending them out. I really can't sympathize much when they are the ones who created most of the various confusions and speculations issues they've had.

I was GMing today and one of my players got his Vampire + kaladrax email

I would really like that to be true. Can you confirm reading it with your own eyes? As far as the information we know, that isn't possible as Reaper is a missing a figure that goes with Kaladrax. They are expecting the shipment to arrive on Tuesday and when they have that at last they will give us another update.

So people are blaming reaper for sending out an email to everyone to check their address... Wut wut?

You do also know that some people backed later so don't get the Kickstarter updates right? I think it was great of them to send each of us an email, it's not their fault is people are getting overly exciting thing it's their shipping notification.

Edited by Cassu

I have not received a System Check email.

I am from Australia and my items are:

-- Vampire x2 $200
-- Figure Case x1 $25
-- There Be Dragons x1 $15
-- Spider Centaurs x1 $10
-- Deep Dwellers x1 $7
-- Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
-- C'thulhu x1 $10
-- Frost Giants x1 $10
-- Red Dragon x1 $10

I received my email yesterday, my order is:

-- Vampire x1 $100
-- Figure Case x1 $25
-- Nethyrmaul x2 $50
-- Fire Giants x2 $20
-- Spider Centaurs x2 $20
-- Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
-- Storm Giants x1 $10
-- Frost Giants x2 $20
-- Ebonwrath x1 $10
-- Deathsleet x1 $10
-- There Be Dragons x1 $15
-- Deep Dwellers x1 $7
-- Hydra x1 $15
-- Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10
-- Fire It Up! x1 $5
-- Elves x1 $4
-- Klocke Classics x1 $4
-- Pirates x1 $5
-- Heroes x1 $6

Something to keep in mind: while email appears to be transmitted instantly, there can be delays in the propagation between servers. I frequently will have delays up to a few hours receiving emails sent to my Hotmail account, and I seem to recall it taking a full day or more to get 'delivery failure' emails. So there really isn't reason to panic about not having received a system check email unless your address has actually changed.

Now if it was Wednesday and I hadn't gotten an email, then I'd panic. I got mine very quickly, however that could simply be due to an alphabetically advantageous marriage. ;-)

• Like 1

Something to keep in mind: while email appears to be transmitted instantly, there can be delays in the propagation between servers. I frequently will have delays up to a few hours receiving emails sent to my Hotmail account, and I seem to recall it taking a full day or more to get 'delivery failure' emails. So there really isn't reason to panic about not having received a system check email unless your address has actually changed.

Now if it was Wednesday and I hadn't gotten an email, then I'd panic. I got mine very quickly, however that could simply be due to an alphabetically advantageous marriage. ;-)

QFT. There is nothing in the email standards that guarantees immediate delivery. In fact, email uses a 'best effort' system and does not guarantee delivery at all.

So people are blaming reaper for sending out an email to everyone to check their address... Wut wut?

You do also know that some people backed later so don't get the Kickstarter updates right? I think it was great of them to send each of us an email, it's not their fault is people are getting overly exciting thing it's their shipping notification.

Who is blaming reaper for anything at the moment? I certainly wasn't in my post. All I said was that if reaper had an issue with people getting confuse it was their own problem and they shouldn't curse anyone but themselves for it.

Actually I'd say it's the confused peoples' problem for not reading the email properly. There really shouldn't be anything confusing about the situation.

• Like 8

For the record, I have received neither a system check email nor a shipping email. They'll come when they come. In the mean time, since shipping has resumed I don't have much time left to remodel our craft room. I guess I should finish that off Soon™. Maybe a WIP thread for the craft room is in order…

That is what I did, lol!

I am in the exact same alphabetical position as you, oddly enough.

It may well be pledge order or confirming order. I didn't pledge until the last week of the Kickstarter, and due to a computer hiccup I confirmed late as well.

Anyhow, exciting news and I'm not worried either.

That is rather coincidental. Also, I was fairly late to the Kickstarter and also took my time deciding exactly what I wanted to submit on the pledge manager. It seems that between the nautical themed WIPs and the KS similarities we have more in common than I would have guessed.