Holy Crap - I just got mine at 9:11pm!!!! Im having geekspams right now...

this is what I ordered

-- Vampire x1 $150
-- 4X-Large T-Shirt x1 $22
-- Hydra x1 $18
-- KS Sophie UL x1 $28

No comments on the t-shirt please!

• Like 1

I expect that the emails are going out based on when you pledged,,makes sense that way,

SO... since I didnt get my pledge in until AFTER the funding (got in on the Vampire = 150.oo deal)

that would put me WAY down on the list ,,, ergo,,, untill you see me post that i got MY email, you have

nothing to worrry about

I got in well after that, but received my check email already. I got my post-KS pledge locked in quickly, though. Heck, maybe it was based on the order that pledge funding was verified, since the email was through an Amazon service ("via Amazonses" (whatever that means)). Either way, I fully expect my reward to show up on one of the 6 days that I'll be away from home later this month. Hopefully my USPS mail hold will actually work. At this point, based on vacation, I actually hope I'm last on the list.

edit: Welcome to the Got The Email Club!

Edited by JeffStray

I have now been system checked.

Yay.

EDIT: Oh, and at some point recently I passed Double Godlike. Huh.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 4

I got my system check email at 8:47 CDT.

It's being sent via Amazon Simple Email Service. That's an amazon service which can send bulk emails. It farms the emails across Amazon's cloud and offers absolutely no guarantees on order of delivery. It just spawns a gajillion computers and routes the emails by black magic. Because it works to ensure ISPs don't view the emails as spam, there's various ISP-specific throttling done.

In other words, don't take the order you got the system check email to mean anything about your shipment.

• Like 4

It's being sent via Amazon Simple Email Service. That's an amazon service which can send bulk emails. It farms the emails across Amazon's cloud and offers absolutely no guarantees on order of delivery. It just spawns a gajillion computers and routes the emails by black magic. Because it works to ensure ISPs don't view the emails as spam, there's various ISP-specific throttling done.

In other words, don't take the order you got the system check email to mean anything about your shipment.

Wow. It really was random.

Wow. It really was magic.

Who is blaming reaper for anything at the moment? I certainly wasn't in my post. All I said was that if reaper had an issue with people getting confuse it was their own problem and they shouldn't curse anyone but themselves for it.

The email is clear. Reaper cannot be held responsible for a persons poor reading comprehension skills.

Really, the only way Reaper could possibly make things any clearer would be if they sent ReaperBryan to each backers house so that he could place his fingertips along the sides of their face and say;

"My mind to your mind... my thoughts to your thoughts..."

I never said the email was unclear. My post was a reply to a specific post that suggested reaper may curse the names of people who are confused or speculate on further meaning behind the emails. I said that if they did it was their problem not anyone else's. If you've taken any broader meaning than that ReaperBrian has dozens of posts on the subject of reading too much into things that you're welcome to acquaint yourself with. For my part I welcome you to continue speculating what I may or may not have written or meant to your hearts content. I'll correct you when I feel like it but I take no offence in people reading more than they should into my words ;)

Forgive me if this has been answered already - I am getting a little confused. I recieved my system check yesterday for the following order:

• Vampire x2 $200

• Fire Giants x1 $10

• Frost Giants x1 $10

• There Be Dragons x1 $15

• Demons x1 $15

• TownsFolk x1 $5

• Deathsleet x2 $20

• Clockwork Dragon x1 $15

• Red Dragon x1 $10

• Spider Centaurs x1 $10

• Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10

• Nethyrmaul x1 $25

• Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10

I recognize that there is no reference to when these will ship out. I was under the impression that there were parts of my order that are still on the last shipment that is currently on the water.. Is this the case? If so, what is a rough estimate that we are hoping for the last container to be in Tx? Thanks.

I never said the email was unclear. My post was a reply to a specific post that suggested reaper may curse the names of people who are confused or speculate on further meaning behind the emails. I said that if they did it was their problem not anyone else's. If you've taken any broader meaning than that ReaperBrian has dozens of posts on the subject of reading too much into things that you're welcome to acquaint yourself with. For my part I welcome you to continue speculating what I may or may not have written or meant to your hearts content. I'll correct you when I feel like it but I take no offence in people reading more than they should into my words ;)

Ahem. As the person you were responding to - I think you got hold of the wrong end of the stick I'm afraid.

Back in March or so, I started speculating on a few things. Granted, I was right, but that's beside the point - ReaperBryan had to go into damage control and politely asked me not to do it again.

All I meant by saying "I'd prefer that my name not become a curse on ReaperBryan's lips again, so hence why I'm trying to get ahead if this a little >.>" is that I'd prefer to not drag him away from fulfilling our shipments to deal with another mess arguably caused by yours truly.

In this specific instance, it's obvious to anyone who actually, I don't know, reads the email that it's not a shipping confirmation. But people are so keyed up after months of anticipation that they're either not reading it, or they're posting their orders without context in response and other people are making the the assumption that they've gotten a shipping notification. I can't justify the time to confirm each and every such post I've seen - I've done 2 or 3 and they've all been responses to the System Check email.

Look, you know I agree with you on the communication thing. But we've made our points, and there's a time to let it go. I'm finding it really, really, really difficult to blame Reaper for poor communication when they've just sent out an email to every backer to confirm address details before shipping. That's the kind of communication that I, for one, like.

Forgive me if this has been answered already - I am getting a little confused. I recieved my system check yesterday for the following order:

I recognize that there is no reference to when these will ship out. I was under the impression that there were parts of my order that are still on the last shipment that is currently on the water.. Is this the case? If so, what is a rough estimate that we are hoping for the last container to be in Tx? Thanks.

Draagnaj,

That was a System Check email to basically make sure the address was still valid. There's been no shipping confirmation that I'm aware of since ReaperCon. As you mention above, the available information suggests that Reaper have one container still in transit, and your order includes several items that are waiting on that last container to arrive. The last we heard, it's due to arrive at Reaper around Tuesday, give or take.

Does that help? We can't make an educated guess as to when shipping will start again, or where your order will be in the queue - we've simply not got any information to work with till people start getting shipping notifications.

Edited by Laoke

Draagnaj,

That was a System Check email to basically make sure the address was still valid. There's been no shipping confirmation that I'm aware of since ReaperCon. As you mention above, the available information suggests that Reaper have one container still in transit, and your order includes several items that are waiting on that last container to arrive. The last we heard, it's due to arrive at Reaper around Tuesday, give or take.

Does that help?

This clears it up perfectly - thank you.

• Like 1

I was GMing today and one of my players got his Vampire + kaladrax email

I would really like that to be true. Can you confirm reading it with your own eyes? As far as the information we know, that isn't possible as Reaper is a missing a figure that goes with Kaladrax. They are expecting the shipment to arrive on Tuesday and when they have that at last they will give us another update.

More importantly it's Sunday, and UPS doesn't ship on Sunday.

• Like 1