Sign in to follow this  
Goblyn

Conversation, Speculation and Anticipation bones kickstarter

Speaking as someone outside the US, who has no holiday on the 4th of July - I honestly would prefer that people had that holiday off and with their friends and loved ones rather than slaving over a hot pile o'Bones, labouring night and day in the blistering Texas heat to get my order to me potentially a day earlier.

Complete non-issue. I've already blocked it out as a blissful day to not obsessively check the counter every few minutes.

Laoke: I'm sure they'll get a day off for the holiday. It's common practice in both Canada and the US that when such a holiday falls during the work-week that it is observed on a Friday or Monday so as to create a long weekend.

Everywhere I've worked we've shuffled things around to make the long weekend out of the 1st. YMMV.

That is my general experience as well and therefore was also my initial thought. Although, UPS and USPS likely won't follow that. That being said, maybe they could prep pallets for a pick up despite the pick up not being that day.

Umm, aren't you in Newfoundland? doesn't everyone do 'drunk before noon in the middle of the week' without any shame? Don't tell me all the stories I hear are fiction

• Like 3

At this point I'm ok with delays to western Canada as it means I might get home from vacation before my Bones arrive.

I have a very strong feeling that the next day of US shipping will see my order get through. They're up to 8 items now, which should be where I sit. Originally I was thinking I was at 7, but I was forgetting about Sophie. Kaladrax, Cthulhu, Undead Giant, Starter Paint Set 1, Undead Paint Set, Fire It Up, Vampire, and Sophie. Can't wait!

Though I kind of wish I hadn't ordered the second set of fire elementals and had gotten something else in their stead at this point. Maybe the Deep Dwellers or Mythos Monsters to have alongside my Great Old One. At the time the Kickstarter ended I was DMing an active game, and elementals were a recurring theme of sorts, so having extra elemental minis seemed to make sense. But that game has fallen apart, and now I'm just wanting cool minis. And so many of the stuff from the Kickstarter falls into that category for me.

You can always pick up the other ones you want from the store after shipping is over.

I have a very strong feeling that the next day of US shipping will see my order get through. They're up to 8 items now, which should be where I sit. Originally I was thinking I was at 7, but I was forgetting about Sophie. Kaladrax, Cthulhu, Undead Giant, Starter Paint Set 1, Undead Paint Set, Fire It Up, Vampire, and Sophie. Can't wait!

Though I kind of wish I hadn't ordered the second set of fire elementals and had gotten something else in their stead at this point. Maybe the Deep Dwellers or Mythos Monsters to have alongside my Great Old One. At the time the Kickstarter ended I was DMing an active game, and elementals were a recurring theme of sorts, so having extra elemental minis seemed to make sense. But that game has fallen apart, and now I'm just wanting cool minis. And so many of the stuff from the Kickstarter falls into that category for me.

Just consider all the experiments you can do with the translucent Bones, trying out different painting techniques and lighting effects. That's why I got an extra set (that and the large fire elemental is awesome).

Oh I know, but I could have got them cheaper through the Kickstarter. Also, I had a lot more disposable income last year. This year I had a bunch up until this month, but that was only because I was working an average of 16 hours of overtime each week from mid February to late May. And, because I'm stupid, I spent all that extra income almost immediately instead of setting it aside to pay my property insurance bills that are coming due. And I'm supposed to be saving up for an extended-family beach trip at the end of August. Which will be my first real vacation since 2006.

So, basically, I've shot myself in the foot financially this year and it's gonna take a while for that wound to heal, which means I need to be content with the minis I have already.