Sign in to follow this  
Goblyn

Conversation, Speculation and Anticipation bones kickstarter

Trust me, you didn't miss out by getting the elementals. I just got mine today, and they are most definitely cool minis. Even unpainted, they're just...cool. Sorry to hear about financial troubles, that stinks. Er, not the vacation part, the money part.

Huzzah!

--Oneboot :D

Trust me, you didn't miss out by getting the elementals. I just got mine today, and they are most definitely cool minis. Even unpainted, they're just...cool. Sorry to hear about financial troubles, that stinks. Er, not the vacation part, the money part.

Huzzah!

--Oneboot :D

Cool?

Shouldn't they be...

...hot?

:blush:

• Like 1

I'm sorry, Dai, but I'm going to have to take you out back and put you down for that.

I have no doubt that the fire elementals are nice minis. It's just that I'm already getting one set in the Vampire itself, and without a game that's going to make use of lots of elementals going on I'm wishing I hadn't grabbed that additional set and had gone for more variety instead. Maybe I'll just try to do one set of elementals as painted and the others as lit with an LED.

Maybe get myself a pin vise, drill deep into the minis, and run the LED to their core instead of just having it in their base... But then I'd probably only be lighting the top half of the mini...

Edited by Unruly

At least I'd die doing what I love - making terrible Dad jokes.

I'm looking forward to messing about with LEDs and different painting techniques myself. Of course you could try and work out a trade with someone for minis that you're more likely to use (I'd volunteer but I'm kind of out of the way of most people).

I'm attracted to the idea of electro-luminescent wire for lighting translucent figures. If you can manage to do it right, it should be really impressive, but I suspect that will turn out to be tricky.

Got my first hands-on with the KS bones last night...a friend's kit arrived, so we spent some time digging around in it. The various giants are just that...huge! I can't wait for Tuesday [assuming today is Canada, tomorrow is ROW, Friday is the 6-10 book, Monday is ROW, Tuesday "should" be 11-?].

And I also now understand what Bryan was saying about the formulations; the 'hardness' varies from piece to piece; some of them are stiffer than metal, others bend and flex without a problem. The translucent stuff is cool, but I think it'll be cooler after some light washing. It's really, really hard to make out the details on 'em [especially the large haunt, with as much details as it has] with just the naked eye.

Well, my estimate for delivery of my Bones was wrong. Over in the ticker thread I guessed I'd get them on Wednesday, because UPS has a tendency to take 5 days for everything I buy. This time, however, UPS is only taking 3 days to deliver them to me, so I'll be getting them on Monday! And then I will be unable to do anything with them, because they will probably be delivered while I'm asleep. I'll bring them in to work with me that night, and I'll probably start unboxing them, but that's about it. My coworkers will all think that I'm more eccentric and crazy than they already think I am because I'm a nerd who works with a bunch of people who could quite easily be classified as jocks. But I won't care, because I will have Cthulhu and a giant mother-$*#&ing dragon!

• Like 1

Threaten to drop Kaladrax on their foot if they tease you, he'd probably break at least one toe. :poke:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

So, now that mine's shipped, I'm frantically watching the UPS tracking info instead of Reaper's tracker, but it's the same insane waiting game. It shipped on Tuesday, with an estimated arrival of Friday, but there's been no new data since "Departed - Mesquite, TX, United States, Wednesday, 06/26/2013" at about 1 A.M. yesterday. I wanna know if it's gonna get here tomorrow or Saturday or what! <pout>.

So, now that mine's shipped, I'm frantically watching the UPS tracking info instead of Reaper's tracker, but it's the same insane waiting game. It shipped on Tuesday, with an estimated arrival of Friday, but there's been no new data since "Departed - Mesquite, TX, United States, Wednesday, 06/26/2013" at about 1 A.M. yesterday. I wanna know if it's gonna get here tomorrow or Saturday or what! <pout>.

well with ground I think it is only monday-friday delivery. With no info yet it is possible that it may take a couple of days to hit the next major distribution center. From there speed tends to pick up. Remember with ground they have up to 5 days to deliver it.

here is an example I have on hand of delivery from out west not my bones order but I think close enough.

Rocky Mount, NC, United States 06/24/2013 9:07 A.M. Delivered

06/24/2013 6:59 A.M. Out For Delivery Rocky Mount, NC, United States

06/23/2013 11:25 P.M. Arrival Scan Durham, NC, United States

06/23/2013 9:53 P.M. Departure Scan

06/23/2013 6:11 P.M. Arrival Scan Greensboro, NC, United States

06/23/2013 5:06 P.M. Departure Scan Greensboro, NC, United States

06/21/2013 2:01 P.M. Arrival Scan Mesquite, TX, United States

06/20/2013 2:20 P.M. Departure Scan

06/20/2013 11:49 A.M. Arrival Scan San Pablo, CA, United States

06/18/2013 2:00 A.M. Departure Scan

06/18/2013 1:25 A.M. Arrival Scan Sparks, NV, United States

06/17/2013 9:24 P.M. Departure Scan

06/17/2013 8:16 P.M. Origin Scan United States

06/17/2013 5:50 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

hopefully you find this helpful.

Edited by Baufrin

I got sended with USPS a small package and it was... erratic. And after don´t remember where, maybe NY, it stopped. I was looking at the tracker while the postman was ringing at my door.

We´ll see how this one behave :D:D

By the way, Row, spain here, so your mileage may differ

I had four identical packages all shipped the same way, and the tracking for the first one was detailed all the way through. The second only updated as far as customs. The other two never even updated as shipped.

All showed up on the same day.

I get a lot of stuff in the mail, between purchases and miscellaneous items. It's seldom less than ten items a week (I joke that my day job is unpacking boxes). I've learned that mail is at least 50% voodoo. The only thing I do now is note the departure, create a 5-day arrival window around when it should show, and note it in case delivery time exceeds 30 days and requires follow-up.

• Like 1

Just got mine. Wow. Again, Wow.

Looking forward to taking the new minis and paints out for a test drive, but probably not until I get back from my family reunion, so probably not until mid-July at the earliest.

Finarfin, on 27 Jun 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

I got sended with USPS a small package and it was... erratic. And after don´t remember where, maybe NY, it stopped. I was looking at the tracker while the postman was ringing at my door.

We´ll see how this one behave :D:D

By the way, Row, spain here, so your mileage may differ

I hear that USPS tracking tends to stop at the border, so that last point might have been Jamaica, NY (departing from JFK). For packages I get from Canada (in the US), the Canadian tracking stops at the border but then I can use the Canadian tracking number with the USPS tracker and follow it within the US.
  • Like 1