Conversation, Speculation and Anticipation bones kickstarter

Goblyn

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finarfin, on 27 Jun 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

I got sended with USPS a small package and it was... erratic. And after don´t remember where, maybe NY, it stopped. I was looking at the tracker while the postman was ringing at my door.

We´ll see how this one behave :D:D

By the way, Row, spain here, so your mileage may differ

I hear that USPS tracking tends to stop at the border, so that last point might have been Jamaica, NY (departing from JFK). For packages I get from Canada (in the US), the Canadian tracking stops at the border but then I can use the Canadian tracking number with the USPS tracker and follow it within the US.

That shouldn't have anything to do with the destination listed in the banner. The banner is basing its information on the Reaper internal stuff.

from KS comments

Bryan Stiltz 24 minutes ago

For those asking about Canada: we got a few hundred (200+) sent out before they told us we had done them wrong. I am told some will be returned but others are going as is.

Otherwise, we are in the 12s now, and have peeled off a small crew of 6 people to open the Kaladraxes and verify the legs, since we have seen a high number of complaints.

That is slowing us down, but I believe in the end it will improve the experience for everyone else.

I had four identical packages all shipped the same way, and the tracking for the first one was detailed all the way through. The second only updated as far as customs. The other two never even updated as shipped.

All showed up on the same day.

I get a lot of stuff in the mail, between purchases and miscellaneous items. It's seldom less than ten items a week (I joke that my day job is unpacking boxes). I've learned that mail is at least 50% voodoo. The only thing I do now is note the departure, create a 5-day arrival window around when it should show, and note it in case delivery time exceeds 30 days and requires follow-up.

Hey Buglips, do you have any stores near where you live? Like brick and mortar places. Is that why you order so much though the mail?

Are your neighbors eskimos? Do you have to hunt moose if you want a good burger that isn't freeze dried and delivered in a box from UPS?

Just curious.

Halber

Hey Buglips, do you have any stores near where you live? Like brick and mortar places. Is that why you order so much though the mail?

Are your neighbors eskimos? Do you have to hunt moose if you want a good burger that isn't freeze dried and delivered in a box from UPS?

Just curious.

Halber

His neighbours are Jim and Sally in Toronto, but they are on a day-trip to Vancouver to pick up some salmon before driving to Halifax to get some lobster to go with it for dinner, eh! ;)

• Like 2

I live in a part of the world that time* and delivery services forgot.

I don't know when I'll get my package and would probably have been better off if it had never been announced that shipping had begun because then I wouldn't be checking this site and my emails and the counter multiple times a day in the hopes that somewhere other than America is getting their stuff.

Not trying to diminish your own frustrations by comparison, I just figured this was kindof like a venting thread and I've been trying so hard not to say anything because I don't wanna sound rude but I think my frustrations are fair provided I don't use them to justify any ill-will towards people. So... yeah, just wanted to get that out of my system...

/exhale

*this part may be an exaggeration and not actually represent my actual opinion of my country

• Like 1

Yeah, he must have grown up in Quebec... of course all he wants to do is talk about the weather, but I can't ask him to change the topic to hockey -- it would be too impolite!

Wait, a Quebecer who doesn't talk about hockey? I thought I new everyone in Quebec, but I must not have met him. I am tempted to curse in French, but I am too polite. Therefore I will let Julie do it for me (in case it wasn't obvious, the following is very rude and NSFW, at least if you or a co-worker speak French. Otherwise, it is a just a cute girl with a cute accent):

I had four identical packages all shipped the same way, and the tracking for the first one was detailed all the way through. The second only updated as far as customs. The other two never even updated as shipped.

All showed up on the same day.

I get a lot of stuff in the mail, between purchases and miscellaneous items. It's seldom less than ten items a week (I joke that my day job is unpacking boxes). I've learned that mail is at least 50% voodoo. The only thing I do now is note the departure, create a 5-day arrival window around when it should show, and note it in case delivery time exceeds 30 days and requires follow-up.

Just curious.

Halber

We have one hobby shop, and it's grotesquely overpriced and has craptastic selection. It's actually cheaper for me to pay retail+shipping than shop there.

Some of the rest is stuff I can't find locally easily, or not in the selection desired (Reaper falls into this category).

Some of it is stuff that's easier to get if I'm looking for one thing I have to get online and can round up other stuff to add in (so while I can buy Faust, or Paradise Lost, or John Steinbeck, or Hemingway local it's often just as well to toss them into my Amazon basket).

And some of it isn't purchases, it's related to other stuff. On top of all that, I'm used as a "finder" for lots of people I know because I have a knack for finding good deals on what they want, or finding hard to find stuff, and I have like a zillion contacts.

And lastly, most businesses operate during day hours but my free time to shop doesn't match up with those hours. Finding the time to go all the way across town and rush into Chapters to try and find books before the doors close is a whole lot more pain in the butt than clicking buttons and a checkout icon at midnight.

• Like 2