Conversation, Speculation and Anticipation bones kickstarter

Goblyn

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My shipping address is my work address. It has the advantage that there will always be some there to sign for the parcel and I won't have to worry about:

a) them leaving it at my doorstep without me being home

b) them not leaving it at my doorstep without me being home and having to go collect it from wherever

There will be the downside that it will further reinforce my geek image but.... I mean really. R&D department, technical side.... what do you expect.

I didn't know post stuff still got left on doorsteps. I thought that was some 50's thing.

Here we have what's called post offices (often in stores, so they're everywhere) where we pick up parcels to big for our mailboxes :P

Depending on who is delivering I have had:

* parcels left on front door step

* parcels left on back doorstep

* little cards left on screen door to pick up parcels from post office (open between 9-5 weekdays & 9-4 Saturdays)

None of those options is really ideal for me... so for expensive/important parcels I just put my work address down, and they get signed for and delivered straight to my desk.

So, while visiting friends in Utah today, I had WAY too much fun casually mentioning that we got 250 minis for $100 and watching their jaws hit the floor. :devil:

...I am going to need SO much paint. :down:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

Living out in the sticks growing up has seen my packages get left all sorts of places. They've been left in cars, on both porches, in front of my garage door, in truck beds, in a tree, at the bottom of my 300 yard driveway nowhere near my house... They've even delivered packages to my neighbors' houses before, but thankfully those neighbors are good friends and would bring them over later.

Now, where I live these days I'm a little more worried. I live in a suburb and my neighbors are pretty much white trash. I wouldn't really put it past them to steal my stuff. Though so far I haven't had any issues with that yet.

Also, I'm now thinking that my order will go out on Friday. That's my new guess as opposed to the old one of Wednesday. I had figured that Wednesday would be when they started shipping US orders again, which seems to be right, but I'm thinking they've got at least another day of Vamp+5 orders since I remember Bryan saying that most people had gotten around Vamp+6(my order size) or less. Also, I'm guessing that they're going to completely knock out the rest of Canada's orders on Monday based on the order sizes they were up to yesterday. So that would leave them just alternating US and RoW orders from that point onward.

Put my Cthulhu together today but did not make it permanent yet with super glue. May not do that until I decide if I am going to paint him. He fits together very well and has been sitting up on top of the box on my desk all day. My daughter thinks he looks like an elephant.

Oh and she also insisted that I do paint him and he must be green like the box. I told her I did not have green yet in my set and she offered her poster paints we got for her because there is a green in them. How do I reject her offer in the nicest way possible. Telling her there is no way that paint is going to touch my Cthulhu is the only way I could come up with earlier.

• Like 2

Tell her that her poster paint is for her to use and mini paint is for your minis. Then let her pick the paint colors for C'thulhu off of Reaper's website. Bring up the online store, load the paint triads store page, and say she can pick 3 of those paint groups($30 so you get free shipping). If she picks a triad you already have, let her pick another new one for you to buy. Make sure you write down all the colors she wants you to use, then use each one when you finally paint him.

• Like 10

Hmm... RoW shipping could take as few as two days with only 2600 of us. Depending on how big the orders are I could even get mine shipped the first day, but probably the second, so... Thursday? Which is Friday my time. I think RoW orders might tend to be bigger though, with multiple people getting in on the one pledge to save on shipping. All very interesting.

Hmm... RoW shipping could take as few as two days with only 2600 of us. Depending on how big the orders are I could even get mine shipped the first day, but probably the second, so... Thursday? Which is Friday my time. I think RoW orders might tend to be bigger though, with multiple people getting in on the one pledge to save on shipping. All very interesting.

I'd expect RoW orders to be a bit slower than US or even Canadian orders, because there will be a need to deal with customs forms. With luck, there is some standardization across countries (at least within EU) in class numbers for plastic minis, paints, and cases, but still the customs tag needs to be done separately for each order and (based on what I see for inbound-to-US things) there is a handwritten section.

Considering 1400 Canadian are taking the better part of two days, I think that the 2600 international probably will take 4-5 days. US might be 8-10 days for the 9000-ish orders left at this point.

Considering 1400 Canadian are taking the better part of two days, I think that the 2600 international probably will take 4-5 days. US might be 8-10 days for the 9000-ish orders left at this point.

This is actually what I'm worried about. Originally they said that they expected to finish shipping after around 10 days, but your estimates would total around 17 days. And while a couple of people might complain that one day has lower shipping numbers than another, I anticipate people will be more annoyed in general if shipping takes almost twice as long as predicted.

But hey, practice makes perfect, and they might pick up speed next week. I'm not particularly bothered by a minor delay myself, but it's always nice when things go smoothly.

Well, there are roughly 12k orders outstanding. Even working 1500 orders a day that would work out to 8 business days of shipping. And the orders-per-day is destined to decrease because of the increasing size of the orders and complexity, so I would say even 10 days left is optimistic. The Vampire+20 orders aren't as easily filled as Vampire+5, I would imagine.

Which just made me realize something. We spreadsheeters (you know who you are) do have the items-per-hour numbers. I calculated 585 items per hour for Friday. Let's say that's typical. That's 290 hours remaining, or given an 8 hour working day, that's 36 business days of shipping. I don't think they'd blow their estimates by that much; they're the ones doing the job, so should know how long it would take.

I'm starting to second guess that V+20 vs V+5 difficulty assumption. If more time is expended on getting the box, packing it, and sealing it than picking out the figures to send, the orders/hour may stay steady and the items per hour start to climb fast.

Hmmm.... which way to go on this. I've got an image in my mind of the Gremlin from Falling Hare pointing in both directions at once.

Should start a friendly betting pool on when the last order gets shipped out. Got a range of 8-36 days by my calculation.

Edited by Pegazus

I almost hate myself for suddenly being optimistic that my order (Vamp+26 (I think)) won't be delivered in the next week. If it is, I'll either come home from the east coast to find a slip telling me I have to go to a very inconvenient UPS location during lunch, a box of somewhat melty plastic that's been sitting in direct sunlight on 90+ degree days (probably not enough to damage them, but I'd rather not find out the hard way) or an empty porch with no thank you note from the thievin' bastages what stole my toys.

I'm not too sure all the ROW pledges would be really high, I only pledged Vamp and it was €102 with the shipping, so saving on shipping wasn't an issue with a whole stack of models for 30c each. But yeah, I guess the customs forms will take some time, but they might have them pre-filled already or something like that