Sign in to follow this  
Goblyn

Conversation, Speculation and Anticipation bones kickstarter

Well, I think the RoW orders will be filled at least a few days ahead of the US orders, if the Canadians are anything to go by. But I agree with everyone who's saying that 10 days seems a bit optimistic for filling all the orders based on the two days we've seen so far. I'm going to call it at 15-20 days of total shipping. I could easily be wrong, but I think that the Canadian order fulfillment on Friday makes for a nice glimpse at an average day. There were orders going out ranging from plain vampires to vampire+25, so you had a whole gamut of order sizes. If Monday's fulfillment goes similarly, then I think an average of around 800 orders a day makes for a nice guess.

But then again, the packers could hit a new stride somewhere this week and packing could hit that 2000 orders per day mark that the folks at Reaper were hoping would happen. I wouldn't really be all the surprised if that happened, because I'm sure that packers were still getting familiarized with the floor layout. As they get to know that, and can go "Mind Your Manors is here" rather than "Now which table has Mind Your Manors again?", then I think that packing speeds will pick up.

ReaperBryan said before shipping resumed that it'd be at least 3 working weeks to fufill, and that was with an optimistic set of assumptions. But yes, if Reaper do '1 day US, 1 day ROW' then given the average quantities they're shifting I expect 99% of the ROW stuff to ship in the next 7 days or so.

Yes, they want all the Canadian out so UPS can oversee things. This is being done so Canadians will not have to pay any additional fees. Shipping has slowed because of this and that they are shipping larger Canadian orders.

Correct. We resume Canadian when our UPS rep gets in. We were doing 1,200 a day before The switchover, and most of that was due to the complexity of paperwork for the Brokerage. We anticipate going back up to that faster number once that's done.

ROW shipments are simpler from a shipping standpoint, as we automated our Customs forms years ago. It's just this byzantine process for Self-brokerage. I'm grateful for it, but it slowed us down a lot.

ReaperBryan said before shipping resumed that it'd be at least 3 working weeks to fufill, and that was with an optimistic set of assumptions. But yes, if Reaper do '1 day US, 1 day ROW' then given the average quantities they're shifting I expect 99% of the ROW stuff to ship in the next 7 days or so.

I'm still optimistic for finishing within a few days (in either direction) of the July 4 Holiday in the United States of America. Maybe July 3, Maybe July 6 or 7. Bear in mind, I have been optimistic for most of the campaign, and that has worked soooo well for me.

Here's hoping to it being before the 4th! It'd be great for the Reaper crew's morale if you all finished beforehand and had a big ol' workplace barbecue in the office parking lot on the 4th, complete with beer, wings, and ribs, in celebration of a successful Kickstarter coming to completion.

Now that my Bones are making their way towards me, I find myself wondering how I'm even going to process them. After the initial kid-at-Christmas joy fades away, I'll probably checklist and sort into some kind of "paint now", "paint soon" and "paint eventually" piles. Does anyone know if there is a vampire checklist available? aside from the kickstarter image page?

I put together a spreadsheet last week for sorting when I get mine (as I have stuff for two friends in there too). It has an image of each fig so I'll be able to figure what which elf is which and so on...

PM me with an email address if you'd like a copy. It's in xlsx format, although I can save it as an xls if needed.

Edit:

I had a few requests for the sheet, so I've thrown a copy up on dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpysvloqwck0l17/Reaper%20Kickstarter%20Miniatures%20List.xlsx

Edited by Jasper_the_2nd
  • Like 12

I'm on pins and needles here. I'm patient - I'll get them when I get them is my attitude, but I have to admit I'm hoping for some miracle that will get my order to me by Friday.

The reason for that is one of the vampires I ordered is a gift for our GM and our next session is Saturday. So it would be really nice to have it, even though I expect mine won't ship til next week at the earliest.

Now that my Bones are making their way towards me, I find myself wondering how I'm even going to process them. After the initial kid-at-Christmas joy fades away, I'll probably checklist and sort into some kind of "paint now", "paint soon" and "paint eventually" piles. Does anyone know if there is a vampire checklist available? aside from the kickstarter image page?

I grabbed a Bones list someone put up on Google Docs. I don't remember what thread I found the link but it has been helpful. I use it along with the big KS image to verify which mini I am looking at and then mark it down. I have then been sorting them into baggies with a sticky note inside that has a label for what they are. (i.e Barbarian/Warrior types, Rogue/Assassin types, etc...) Oh and I am numbering each one with the SKU on the bottom so I can reference that with the XLS document.

Edit: I have had my box for a month now I think and still working on sorting. I kinda stopped about a week or so ago and have maybe half the box left.

Edited by hungerfan

I grabbed a Bones list someone put up on Google Docs. I don't remember what thread I found the link but it has been helpful. I use it along with the big KS image to verify which mini I am looking at and then mark it down. I have then been sorting them into baggies with a sticky note inside that has a label for what they are. (i.e Barbarian/Warrior types, Rogue/Assassin types, etc...) Oh and I am numbering each one with the SKU on the bottom so I can reference that with the XLS document.

Edit: I have had my box for a month now I think and still working on sorting. I kinda stopped about a week or so ago and have maybe half the box left.

I got the document Jasper was talking about. Its exactly what I needed and it includes images. The thought of putting that much time into sorting and cataloguing when I have so much prep work to do is mind blowing. I'm really looking forward to it.

Just got confirmation of delivery for my vamp, Jabberwock, and Wyrmgear.

Too bad I'm at the train station heading to a work conference for 3 days. *cue sad Charlie Brown music*

• Like 1

Awesome, thank you soooo much Jasper!! Mine will be here tomorrow, and your most excellent spreadsheet will really help with the unpacking and sorting process!! :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Vamp+7 for me, putting me just under the quoted average order of 8-point-something. Guess I'll start getting really excited when they drop under 10k remaining orders. Getting mine by Saturday would be amazing, but Tuesday would be the next best thing.