Bones shipping homepage banner

mikem91

*sob*...

The fates are conspiring against me! 11 line items, in Canada, in one of those "western" Provinces, national holidays coming up, AND I will be at PaizoCon next weeeknd, so even if things ship on monday, I won't be home to sign for it!

WAAAAAAAAHHHH! ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terra: Not a rumor. The point of the extra work on the weekend was to clear as many of the really big orders as possible so that the regular crew wouldn't have to deal with them.

I refer you to this comment from the Kickstarter comments page:

We seem to be having problems with the ticker. Rest assured we are here - a small crew, only 8 of us - and we are working on orders. In fact, we're working the largest orders, and except for a short stack that got put out of sequence, we're pretty much working largest to smallest for the weekend. Monday morning it'll be back to small to large, though.
I can say for sure that these larger orders take a much longer time to verify accuracy - we're doing about 12 orders an hour, versus the week where it was 100 an hour or more.

Hmm...guess I was wrong. My bad! I thought someone was making another conspiracy theory and causing mayhem in the KS! I also seem to have read that incorrectly the first time.....how, I dunno. *shrugs*

@Jasper 56??!?!?!??!?! And here I thought I was probably in the last 3%.....if I get mine before Paizocon it'll be pretty amazing! Not likely, but cool! Then I could try trading directly for Kally and Nethy.....or something....not making the offer here, mind you. I'm just saying...if anyone comes by Paizocon with their extra Kally or a Nethy....it would be nice....;)

Terra: Not a rumor. The point of the extra work on the weekend was to clear as many of the really big orders as possible so that the regular crew wouldn't have to deal with them.

I refer you to this comment from the Kickstarter comments page:

We seem to be having problems with the ticker. Rest assured we are here - a small crew, only 8 of us - and we are working on orders. In fact, we're working the largest orders, and except for a short stack that got put out of sequence, we're pretty much working largest to smallest for the weekend. Monday morning it'll be back to small to large, though.
I can say for sure that these larger orders take a much longer time to verify accuracy - we're doing about 12 orders an hour, versus the week where it was 100 an hour or more.

Hmm...guess I was wrong. My bad! I thought someone was making another conspiracy theory and causing mayhem in the KS! I also seem to have read that incorrectly the first time.....how, I dunno. *shrugs*

@Jasper 56??!?!?!??!?! And here I thought I was probably in the last 3%.....if I get mine before Paizocon it'll be pretty amazing! Not likely, but cool! Then I could try trading directly for Kally and Nethy.....or something....not making the offer here, mind you. I'm just saying...if anyone comes by Paizocon with their extra Kally or a Nethy....it would be nice....;)

Based on a post ReaperBryan made last week, that there was 250+ backers with 40+ items, anyone with more than 40 items in their shipment is in the top 1.4% . . .

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 1

Bryan posted this in the kickstarter comments, for anyone who didn't see it:

1044339_10151797803354180_229773757_n.jp

There's me by some of the larger boxes - stuff we did yesterday. Gives you a good idea how big some of the boxes are. There's 6 Pallets so far of those, and I'm going back to it now, to see how much more I can add before supper!

And earlier he'd posted:

The counter is not moving. Kit turns it off when we aren't scheduled to come in to save bandwidth as it pings our server every 30 seconds. Only 3 of my 4 volunteers (counting me) came in, my wife came down with a cold yesterday afternoon and is home resting. I will ask Kit to ping the counter.

• Like 10

And earlier he'd posted:

The counter is not moving. Kit turns it off when we aren't scheduled to come in to save bandwidth as it pings our server every 30 seconds. Only 3 of my 4 volunteers (counting me) came in, my wife came down with a cold yesterday afternoon and is home resting. I will ask Kit to ping the counter.

I believe Kit said they were using Amazon which mean's it's out on the cloud. Every time then that they ping reaper's server it breaks the cloud echosystem and thus costs Reaper a pretty penny. It's been a bit since I've had to deal with cloud pricing but I wouldn't be surprised if the counter was costing them a few grand a week.

The next three days should be interesting. I don't think there's any way Reaper can be finished before the 4th. It'd be epic though. Good luck to everyone at Reaper!

I hope like hell Bryan gets away for his holiday regardless. Even if it means my shipment gets delayed, I value his sanity and health more than my precious, precious Bones >.>

• Like 5

I really hope that he's able to leave regardless. Missing out on a two-week vacation with his family would be terrible, and even if I were still waiting for my bones, I'd willingly wait a little longer to ensure he doesn't miss out on those memories and experiences. :(

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

As much as Bryan needs (and deserves!) that vacation, I think that the USPS and UPS problems are going to be the sticking point. If Canada and international can get out, then I expect that someone on the main crew could lead the final US push. But the Canada and international problems are just too complex to hand over to a new point of contact at this point.

I disagree; Reaper is full of intelligent, talented people who could take over for the final push. I'm also certain that if that needs to happen whoever takes over wouldn't be coming in cold; I'm certain Bryan is smart enough and Reaper is small enough that they aren't working in silos.

In my universe family comes first and even if it meant that I wouldn't get my shipment for an additional 2 (or more) weeks on top of every other delay I'd still encourage Bryan to take that vacation.

• Like 3

Our household is getting 2 orders. One has 13 line items and the other has 23, so I guess we'll get those a week or more apart. That means that we'll have the smaller order sitting here while we wait on the bigger order before we open them up. That will be fun torture. :blink: LOL

And we're all still fine waiting until the end all together. The effort to make space over the weekend fell apart and this week is another busy one for us. I'd be super happy if the whole Reaper staff took a 2 week vacation- it's much needed & deserved after all of this and for very selfish reasons it would give me more time to find that ever elusive space.

Edited by Kay