Bones shipping homepage banner

mikem91

So... has anyone who's already received their KS package continued to check the shipping ticker out of habit? ::P:

Heck, I visit the Kickstarter page and wistfully hit F5 every once in awhile just because I miss the rush and excitement.

• Like 7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm checking the banner about a third as often as I did when I had the 'are they close to mine yet?' excitement...but I am checking the forum about 3 times as often now! Zero sum game...

I actually find myself checking this thread at least as often as I check the KS banner. I always want to know how many items are shipping per order to see how close I am. (answer: Not that close. yet.)

• Like 1

Whooooo! It is on it's way!

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Forces of Nature x1
Spider Centaurs x1
Mind your Manors x1
Deathsleet x1
Fire Giants x1
Frost Giants x1
Orcapocalypse x1
There Be Dragons x1
Demons x1
Mister Bones x1
Mythos Monsters x1
Undead Giant x1
Red Dragon x1
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Frost Wyrm x1
Deep Dwellers x1
Nethyrmaul x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
C'thulhu x1
vampire x1

Received my Bones Kickstarter 44-item order today and just finished inventory. If you weren't planning on it already, I would encourage everyone to check every piece they receive for completeness. I have duplicate left wings on a Fire Dragon. It wouldn't have been noticeable except for taking it out of the package and attempting a fit. It takes a little more time to open every multi-piece figure, but it's worth it to find the factory mistakes.

• Like 5

So we're now at the stage where a group comprising ~20% of the original backers(ROW) make up more than half the outstanding pledges. Wow. This has actually been enough to put me off buying Reaper fullstop. Fine, it's not their fault, but they could at least give us a timeframe or an idea of what's going on. As it is, they don't seem that fussed about two and a half thousand people who gave them money for this project.

It's been said a million gazzillon times ... reaper will give us new news when they have it. Give them a break. They are woking on it as fast as they can. And I am sure the moment they have some news good or bad they will let us know.

So we're now at the stage where a group comprising ~20% of the original backers(ROW) make up more than half the outstanding pledges. Wow. This has actually been enough to put me off buying Reaper fullstop. Fine, it's not their fault, but they could at least give us a timeframe or an idea of what's going on. As it is, they don't seem that fussed about two and a half thousand people who gave them money for this project.

That's kinda like kicking the cat to convince the dog to stop peeing on the rug, isn't it?

Reaper gave us all the information they have on Monday, almost 60 hours ago to the minute. In a 72-hour span, there's been two major national holidays that will affect shipping...Independence Day in the US tomorrow, and Canada Day in Canada was Monday...plus one of the biggest cities in western Canada is under water, disrupting shipping in the entire region. The bottleneck is with third parties [again] that if I have to guess aren't being very communicative [again], like things were with the China->US shipping delays. Since Reaper doesn't exactly have an international distribution network of their own...they have to rely on these third parties that are, at least for the moment, being supremely unhelpful. If you want to get mad at anybody, get mad at USPS, UPS, and mother nature.

International shipping is held up because USPS won't take large or bulk shipping over the counter. That can't start until the USPS gets off their duff and schedules a trailer. Canadian shipping can't resume until the brokerage agent figures out what happened for the first load to get rejected. And Reaper gets no say in either one of those matters...so in the meantime they're doing the only thing they can.

I don't envy them right now, but I'm not upset with them, either.

• Like 7

As a 37 line RoW order, I have resigned myself to the fate of most likely being one of the very last people to get their package, and (as much as my inner child is whining and kicking and screaming that they want it right now, especially since I'm not working as much the next 2 weeks) I'm fine with that. I honestly thought that all RoW orders would go out last before they started anyway. Relying on other companies can be a PITA sometimes and I don't expect them to start boxing RoW and leaving them in the warehouse just to satisfy a few people. It would make shipping for everyone else even slower and extend their packing time even more. I'm fine if they don't even get around to it next week.

But then, I'm someone who has been ordering from Reaper and visiting the forums for a few years now, and have experienced how well they treat their customers.

• Like 2

Bryan posted the following today (July 3rd) on one of the other threads:

Two things:
First and foremost the reason I haven't given news about ROW is because I don't have any. We are waiting for word and until we have the go ahead (read: until they send a truck) from the post office we are stuck. We don't have the room in the shop to prestige the boxes and hold them until the truck gets here, and I'm sorry but it sucks for everyone.

Second: we got the pizza and the salads and the beer and the cookie basket from Kevin R.
THANK YOU! Seriously it improved morale so much, and given how close we are to the end, but still so far, morale is low. Or was, but everybody getting a beer and some pizza worked miracles!

We are taking tomorrow off, but we will be right back at it Friday.

Huzzah!
--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot

Bryan posted the following today (July 3rd) on one of the other threads:

Two things:

First and foremost the reason I haven't given news about ROW is because I don't have any. We are waiting for word and until we have the go ahead (read: until they send a truck) from the post office we are stuck. We don't have the room in the shop to prestige the boxes and hold them until the truck gets here, and I'm sorry but it sucks for everyone.

Second: we got the pizza and the salads and the beer and the cookie basket from Kevin R.

THANK YOU! Seriously it improved morale so much, and given how close we are to the end, but still so far, morale is low. Or was, but everybody getting a beer and some pizza worked miracles!

We are taking tomorrow off, but we will be right back at it Friday.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Yeah, but it's not going to stop people saying that they should have said that in a kickstarter update, or that they should have scheduled the truck earlier, or coming up with their own solutions to problems when they don't have all of the information to accurately do so, or chastising them for taking time out of the day to eat pizza and drink beer. They're never going to please everyone.