Bones shipping homepage banner

mikem91

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just recently I watched a UPS order of mine go from Kentucky to Syracuse, Syracuse to Buffalo, Buffalo back to KY (then say "weather delay"), then KY back to Buffalo, and somehow end up on the local delivery truck (all in the span of 24 hours) without it ever "appearing" in Rochester (where my driver is based) or back in Buffalo. Who knows if it really went on that sightseeing tour...

I used to work for UPS and this sounds like a "Mistoggle". That's where you put it on the correct truck, but scan the incorrect destination bar code, and the computer thinks it's going to KY until it gets loaded onto a truck in Buffalo. There are ways of correcting it, but it doesn't always get caught, and sometimes they don't bother if it's already out for delivery. It can get pretty intesting. One time I hit a few buttons and caused several thousand mistoggles that someone else might have gotten nailed for if it wasn't so obvious a mistake :)

• Like 1