So, I'm really bored tonight and was looking at the KS rewards and the name Spider Centaurs kept catching my attention. I can't get the image of centaurs (regular, horse-human ones) dressed up in red and blue and swinging around their forest on spider webs after being bitten by magical spiders.

I propose that henceforth these model be referenced (at least unofficially) as Arachnitaurs.

That is all.

• Like 4

Interesting. I have to disagree with Mr. Fischer that using the suffix 'taur' is a flawed practice. Language changes over time and more rapidly today than in the past. Words that were created millenia ago don't necessarily hold their exact meaning today and I think that using the suffix `taur`to indicate a form of human-animal hybrid is perfectly acceptable and well-understood.

Also speaking purely from my perspective as a gamer, D&D canonized the practice (within their own canon, admittedly) with the creation of the taruic creature template.

• Like 2

Driders

I love it! Check… read… reference… double-check…

Sadly it seems to be taken. :poke:

Edit: Ninja`d. :ph34r:

Edited by Dan Goodchild
  • Like 1

Paint em red & blue and call them spidermen. xD

Most ancient hybrids tend to have a unique name, rather than being an amalgamation of parts of other hybrids' names.

So I'd suggest something more unique. Something not obviously arach- or -taur or whatever.

Like Sprakans.

It's actually a combination of 3 words, but not quite so obvious.

(Sp)iders + A(rach)nids + Hum(ans).

But it's a little strange because it also makes you think of spriggans and Spartans.

So.. a spriggan, a Spartan, and a sprakan all walk into a bar...

Edited by Pally
  • Like 4

Itsy bitsy spytaurs.

It's time for bed. I know this because I very nearly posted a hotly political reply to this one that could have led this thread to the Beekeepers.

• Like 1

Oh god, how did I miss that.... I just realized, despite knowing what Driders are for years, that the name comes from two very obvious compontents: Drow and Spiders. Drow. Spiders. DrowSpiders. Driders.

*FACEPALM*

• Like 7