Bones and LE difference

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has any insight into my questions.

I thought that the bones and the LE used the same material. Witch they do not as the bones miniatures are way way more bendy. Even when striped clean of paint the LE miniatures are a lot more durable in terms of flex than the bones minis.

Are there any plans to make future bones in a more durable material like the LE miniatures?

And finally is there any way possible to strengthen the bones material so they are less flexible?

Thank you

Flaill

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that the flexibility actually gave the BONES more durability.

Yes, I believe there is a thread here where someone was running them over with a car, or something equally crazy.

I was under the impression that the flexibility actually gave the BONES more durability.

Yes and no. They can take more abuse (like being run over) but they also suffer more readily when stored in a compressive environment (i.e. they warp like nobody's business in those conditions).

Now overall I think it comes out as a plus for the Bones material, but I don't have to transport them in foam boxes and can just store them on a shelf.

Most of the Bones people get that are warped come that way because of the susceptibility of the material to post-production warping. The Bones Bugbear is probably the best example, because every one of those I've seen has the club bent the same way and it matches how he fits into the blister.

I don't have any experience with the LE's and how differently they may perform under stressful conditions.

All of this means that the best way to transport Bones is loose; just throw them in a bag or something. They're durable as all get-out.

Or go true hardcore and drag them behind your car like tin cans at a wedding!

• Like 1

The type of plastic may be the same, but the black may have a dye added and this could change the resulting composition. You can see this sometimes with "molded in color" styrene models, though those seem to be less common these days. It's all from the same type of mold and process, but certain colours (white, grey, tan) tended to be sturdy; light blue tended to be softer and more easy to gouge; and colours like olive greens and dark blues could be very brittle.