Sir Revert, a boiling test

Mistimp

This was my most deformed mini in my vampire set. I know many others got a bad one too. I failed to get a before pic but here he is after boiling.

null.jpg

I don't actually intend to straighten them until I'm ready to paint, but since he was so bad I thought I would boil him and keep him on the desk to watch for changes while I worked on other figures. I will post more pics if/when he begins to revert.

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to bend the body. The sword straightened on its own. I held it as I dipped it in the ice water. After about a minute I let go and shoved the whole bowl in the freezer while I went to do something else.

I haven't tried bending anything yet, but was thinking you could use rubber bands, wire or string along with a small block, dowel or the like placed on his back to force the miniature into the right position before you boil and freeze. Bow him backwards, tying off the ends of the rubber band, etc. at the neck and base.

you could clip his arm at the cuff of his glove, rotate as needed, then pin it back on. the way that plastic works you shouldn't even need to fill anything in if you cut it in the right spot.

Edited by Girot
  • Like 1

Yeah, this guy seems to be the one that most people are having issues with. I think I'll try pinning him while flubbery from being boiled and see if that works a bit better when I get my greasy hands on him.

• Like 6

Yeah, this guy seems to be the one that most people are having issues with. I think I'll try pinning him while flubbery from being boiled and see if that works a bit better when I get my greasy hands on him.

I nominate "flubbery" as the official term for that bouncy soft feel of hot simmered Bones, full credit going to Laoke of course.

• Like 7

I nominate "flubbery" as the official term for that bouncy soft feel of hot simmered Bones, full credit going to Laoke of course.

At last! I've only been pushing that word since boiling my first Bones and going 'Woah, these are really floppy and rubbery!'

• Like 1

Flubbery is absolutely the word for it. If he reverts too far I think I will go with the pin up his spine. So far tonight I have seen no more changes, but I seem to recall that others have mentioned they continue to revert over quite a period of time.

I love being present when a new word is coined ---however this one might already exist--- but it is kind of a cool reference.

One trick to remember (Flit is a good example of this) is that if you want the Bones to bend into a certain form (say, upright) then when you do the boil n' bend trick bend him too far backwards. When the mini eventually settles into its final form, then you'll have closer to what you want because the reversion will be absorbed by the more extreme set angle.

• Like 3