• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job on the minis. I would also love to know what colors you used on the statues. The vikings look very nice. I especially like the cloth.

My condolences on your cat. We had to put our dog down last fall; also liver failure. It can be a very hard thing.

Sorry about your cat. I really like the statues. What colors did you use on them?

They were actually very simple. I started with Armory Grey primer, and drybrushed up with Rainy Grey, and Misty Grey. Around the bottom of each, I did a very watered down layer of Highland Moss, and drybrushed that with Pale Olive, and Misty Grey.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Painted up a number of sailors and fishpeople, as many of you know--but I'm always looking to expand the diversity of my human crew and the grotesquerie of my Innsmouth cadre. 

So here are Tyrell and Yarmouth, out on a crab-fishing trip. Both are from Crooked Dice.

More angles on our anglers here. 

The folk from Innsmouth town know where the fishing is good!

There's some as say they can call the biggest catches to their boats!

Subduing the catch though--that's a different matter. Fortunately, Yarmouth is a burly customer.

Break out the butter sauce, lads! Tyrell definitely looks weirded out, and correctly so, but there's going to be time enough to worry about horrible cult secrets after the crab-steaming. And if weird eldritch stuff starts going down, anything that can crack that shell is a good weapon to have at hand. 

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a dragon I completed Yesterday. This is a Ral Partha 10-463, T'Char Dragon of The Flame and Fury sculpted by Sandra Garrity in 1992. I bought this model in 1993 and assembled it in 1995. It has been on a shelf all these years. It’s a pleasure to see it finally painted. This amazing sculpt is 175mm tall, almost 7 inches at the top of the wings. The original model comes with a nice base around which I added more rocks and branches. I made the flames with Liquitex heavy gel and 3d printed a 125mm wide base to complete the vignette. Nowadays, this 12-piece dragon is still available from Iron Wind Metals. I painted it exclusively with Reaper MSP paint.

Here’s the list of colors I used;

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening all you Reaper Spirits!

So just finished these two, that I think to belong in a single blister, but not quite sure.  Ral Partha High Elf fighters, a male and female.  With High Elves, I always have color issues, but end up invariably towards blues and grays.

Just a few of a great number of elf figures Chris FitzPatrick sculpted for Partha back in the day!
      Enjoy!
    • By Rigel
      It would be nice to think about cyberpunk utopias, but somehow those just don't grip the popular imagination. Instead it's always overcast or raining, the sky is brocced, corporations own everything and everyone and surveillance is ubiquitous. There's money to be had, but barely enough to buy noodles unless you're connected...or willing to ignore corporate law.

Devo Ranks eats the *fancy* noodles every day. They have Skillz.

Click for more angles.

Hacking into a Public Service Panopticon? CHILD'S PLAY. 

If you need muscle? Devo Knows A Guy. Or lady, really.

Don't worry, Dez! Those cameras are showing nothing but innocuous looped footage now.

No one pays the cleaners enough in the cyberpunk dystopian future. 

I won't pretend to understand what kind of cyber-heist these three are conducting. 

But you can be sure they have made Powerful Enemies, as well as enough credits to afford the FANCY noodles for the rest of the year!

Devo is a fun one. Gender-ambiguous and tech-savvy. Because cyberpunk is inextricable from the late 80s and early 90s, I gave Devo the most day-glo Nickelodeon counterculture wardrobe I could think of. Dez from Bombshell we have seen before, in the post-apocalyptic Radlands, as well as the little sniper from Crooked Dice. 

The Public Service Panopticonnouncer was made from  SD card placeholders and chunks of expired credit card, along with I think a vape component. The text, like much of the signage on the building, comes from a beer can label artfully chopped into pieces and rearranged into vaguely menacing advertisements. Also some sprue and all the camera-looking Bitz and Gunz in my Bitz Box. 

I don't have any cyberpunk setting or games planned, but I can feel the itch growing. C&C welcome.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello again my Reaperdoodles!

here is the second one I finished just yesterday, a female giant from the Arcana Unearthed line that Iron Wind Metals puts out, sculpted by John Winter.  

I've always liked this figure since the first time I saw her, probably a decade ago, but finally got around to painting her.  Hardest part as usual was to try to choose the colors, but hopefully the palette is pleasant enough.

I don't know anything about the Arcana Unearthed game or system, but she's listed as a giant, which looking back into the early nineties, she was probably a pretty large figure, but when I compare to her modern Reaper figures, she is really pretty much the same size.  I have this photo as a comparison. 

The joy of scale creep!

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)