Ode on Intimations of Kaladrax

Loim

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't they separate pieces though? I wonder if the socket would allow a rotation of the wing, with maybe some green stuff for the gaps, and a few pins to add support.

You could possibly do it, but you'd have to trim out the wing tabs, as they are shaped a certain way so that only the one wing fits on the one side. I assembled mine last night and did that with the tip of the tail (I only used the one section instead of both sections of the tail bones, I like the tail a little bit shorter). The joints would look a little strange as well, as they are molded in such a way that the bones fit together in a certain way, but if you are decent with green stuff, you should be ok.

So how bad would it look if the wings were rotated 90o forward?

i got my stuff today and toyed with it. looks much better rotated IMHO. one wing can fit that way, and the other needs to be shaved. many of the skulls on the base seem to be out of proportion for most medium sized humanoids (they could be ogre and giant skulls i suppose). no worries though, an easy fix (im not a skull obsessed painter). i am *definitely* going to reposition her on the base. i think i found a position that works a bit better for my needs, but damn, she is a big girl, and will be tricky to convert so extensively. really stoked i picked her up. best $10 value of minis i have spent.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 4

I am not a fan of the pose for the wings, or the obscene length of the tail (since it drags on the table) but oh well.

Dry fitting is a must. The pelvis bones will go in either direction. And if you have them on the wrong side, your back legs will not line up. and then you have to try and get the super glue to break without hurting Kaly. In the end, it is good.

Glad to hear about the wings, thanks Vulture Been hoping the wings could be rotated since I saw the concept. Position just didn't look natural enough. .

many of the skulls on the base seem to be out of proportion for most medium sized humanoids (they could be ogre and giant skulls i suppose)

Big K was enlarged by the manufacturer in a misunderstanding of scale & dimensions.

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 1