Ode on Intimations of Kaladrax

Loim

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of the pose for the wings, or the obscene length of the tail (since it drags on the table) but oh well.

Dry fitting is a must. The pelvis bones will go in either direction. And if you have them on the wrong side, your back legs will not line up. and then you have to try and get the super glue to break without hurting Kaly. In the end, it is good.

I didn't think I'd like the placement of the wings before I assembled it. I actually like it now, as it seems like he's about to start to fly and he's prepping his wings to take off. The hind leg that's sticking out makes him look a little like he's a dog marking his territory, but that's easy to ignore. I agree with the length of the tail, though, so I actually took out one of the pieces, and it's a fair amount shorter. Just had to trim up some of the part of the end of the tail that goes into the other piece, but that took no more than 3 minutes to do.

I'm fixing that hind leg. I guess, now that a few are out in the world, that's actually supposed to be that way and isn't an assembly error. I don't like it, so I'm doing surgery. One of the best things about Bones, though, is that surgery is easy. Even if I have to amputate, it'll go back on and never come off.

• Like 2

I'm fixing that hind leg. I don't like it, so I'm doing surgery. One of the best things about Bones, though, is that surgery is easy. Even if I have to amputate, it'll go back on and never come off.

I can't help but read that in Jeffrey Combs voice..shiver...

• Like 3

Just got mine yesterday afternoon...good googa mooga! The pics just don't do Kaladrax justice...you have to see this bad boy in person. GINORMOUS.

Any table he gets plopped down on is going to result in some major player panic.

HOLY CRAP THIS THING IS HUGE -- AND HEAVY!

Before getting my shipment, I figured I might do the 'skeletal minis' -- easy to do as a batch as far as base coat is concerned. Now that I lay my hands on this sucker, I am compelled to hurry about about it and PAINT HIM FIRST. He demands it.

Cthulhu may get jealous on the attention I give Kaladrax. ;)

M

• Like 1

Not to worry, Kaly can take C'thulu in a fair fight, and since neither of them will fight fair, it should be a fairly fair fight

I think that would depend on if Kaladrax is immune to mind-influencing effects or not. Cthulhu has quite a few of those, and they can be... Nasty...