Ode on Intimations of Kaladrax

Loim

So, for those who have it, how amenable does Kaladrax look to having all of the stuff inside the neck and ribcage carved out with a dremel (yes, I know this would take infinite time and patience, and a steady hand... I'm not sure I'm going to do it, since I have none of these things in quantity, mostly wondering) so that it's a truly skeletal dragon?
(and you can imprison the figures of the characters it eats in its ribcage!)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks hard and you would have to reinforce the ribs with metal (that is why they are filled.

I gave up on the magnet idea. The way the joints are set worked against this. Seeing how it is sectioned I have an idea for reaper. Make this in a clear translucent for the rib section. The Ribs and spine could then be painted and the transparent part would be less noticable. If not clear than in Red or green. Again paint the ribs/spine and the interior is then mystical energy.

• Like 4

I don't think you would have to reinforce the ribs, but you would have to do something for his spine and neck. If I eve get one, i intend to carefully drill him out and run a brass rod/wire through him, though i may end up having that on his insides rather then through the spine if it will prove safer for the model

Disclaimer: I don't actually have Kaladrax. You'd have to be careful about there still being enough "stuff" there to support the wings (bonesium, wire, whatever), since they are putting quite a bit of weight on a single fairly small contact point, as well as being positioned off-center, and therefore need a fair bit of support.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

So I asked on twitter and @KatoKatonian kindly provided a picture of Kaladrax on an 8x8 tile. This makes it clear that Big K is a good fit for the 6x6 colossal size in DnD land. :)

It would take a little work but you could fit him on a 6"x6" base, though a 7"x7" base would be easier.

(I'm on my iPad so linking the picture is a no go atm.)

as i recall, isn't colossal 6x6 and up? i made i pretty nifty round base for him with some clay, a rolling pin, foil, and a bowl that was the exact diameter of the base. just flatten, use the bowl edge as a guide, cut and bake. be sure to cover it with a heavy book when its done so it doesn't warp while cooling. bam, custom round base for the big boy. i think ill post a pic in the kal WIP.

• Like 2

There are two hip-bone pieces. They connect through the "torso" to each other and on their other sides to the back legs.

Mine has a hole through the torso, and the hip bones also have holes. The legs connect to the hip bones, but they're no mechanism for the hip bones to connect to the torso. I think they're something missing.

There are two hip-bone pieces. They connect through the "torso" to each other and on their other sides to the back legs.

Mine has a hole through the torso, and the hip bones also have holes. The legs connect to the hip bones, but they're no mechanism for the hip bones to connect to the torso. I think they're something missing.

One of the hip bones has a pin that goes through that hole into the other hip bone. If you don't have that, perhaps you have two of the same hip bone?