[SPLIT] Word Play-Hulk smashed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tor", always tor... Centar? no, just no. .... Sounds more sci-fi to me.... CENTAR! ROBOTECTOR OF THE GALAXY!!

I pronounce Aether the same as ether. The A and E aren't separate vowels, it's one of those AE things

EDIT: Likewise GW's fondness of writing Daemon, it's still said as Demon, not Daymon or Day-e-mon.

Edited by Nocturne

Um...I say, "taur." There are two vowels, they both get their time in the sun. Simultaneously.

How do you say "aether?"

:P

Like The Fonz.

"Tor", always tor... Centar? no, just no. .... Sounds more sci-fi to me.... CENTAR! ROBOTECTOR OF THE GALAXY!!

I pronounce Aether the same as ether. The A and E aren't separate vowels, it's one of those AE things

EDIT: Likewise GW's fondness of writing Daemon, it's still said as Demon, not Daymon or Day-e-mon.

From the Centar of the galaxy? :upside:

• Like 1

From the Centar of the galaxy? :upside:

I would've gone with spiral arm of the robo-galaxy personally, but I am prone to flights of fancy

Just throwing this in here.

One of the things I loved about studying archaic Greek art was discovering the earlier, lesser-known forms of mythological beasties.

For example, the earliest representations of centaurs are not horses with a man's torso attached at the neck, they are fully men with a horse's spine and back legs coming out of their center back.

For example, see this lovely little archaic bronze of a man wrestling with a centaur (nudity alert, sort of)

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/grbr/hd_grbr.htm

It's the third image from the left. Sorry it's so small, but you can click on it to get a slighly bigger image.

You can clearly see that it's two men facing each other, only one has a horse's back end propping him up. Compare it to the back end of the horse in the picture immediately to its left to see what I mean.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 1

For example, the earliest representations of centaurs are not horses with a man's torso attached at the neck, they are fully men with a horse's spine and back legs coming out of their center back.

For example, see this lovely little archaic bronze of a man wrestling with a centaur (nudity alert, sort of)

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/grbr/hd_grbr.htm

It's the third image from the left. Sorry it's so small, but you can click on it to get a slighly bigger image.

Cheers for that Pingo, I'd be running out of nightmares.

I'm going to call them Websters, and their special attack power will be correction of definition and pronunciation.

Paladin: "Lo, spider centaurs come!"

Webster: "Sen-tawr. Also, we're not centaurs because we don't have horse's spines complete with legs coming out of our nudish backs."

Thief: "Oh, god, I hate these guys."

Priest: "The more you know, my friend. The more you know. Let's crush in their heads."

• Like 5