Wilwarin

Sigurd, Mercenaries Sergeant

I recently finished this speed paint for a friend to use as his character in an upcoming D&D game our group will be playing. I really enjoyed painting him and experimenting with colors :) C&C Welcome and appreciated!! :D

post-4937-0-47575600-1372127275_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Very nice work! Especially for a speed paint! If I have one bit of constructive criticism, it's that while the "dark" elements and the "light" elements are both done very well, they clash, slightly (to my eye, anyway). The beard, helm, axe and pants all look like an angry frostbitten viking's gear, but the coat and bag look like that of... what.. an elven minstrel? Something a bit more whimsical, in any case.

• Like 1

I like it. I think maybe a darker wash on the coat and bags would take care of the above mentioned issue.

Did you buy or make that base?

• Like 1

I like it. I think maybe a darker wash on the coat and bags would take care of the above mentioned issue.

Did you buy or make that base?

I think that the base is from Micro Art. I lost the blister a long time ago, but I'm almost certain that it is :) I definitely didn't make it, just painted it. They do amazing work!!

Thanks everyone!! I'll give the mini a dark wash tonight to see if it calms down the colors. My hubby actually picked out the colors for the tunic, as I was having "painter's block", so it may come across too bright. The red is actually more brownish than red on the figure up close, so it may be my photofu messing it up.

Overall, the mini took about 8 hours from prep to finish. Usually I'll spend upwards of 20+ per mini if it's display quality... usually tabletop quality figs are between 8-10 (sometimes shorter) hours and are speed paints :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Rotten Mummy, as the name suggests he's a Mummy that's going rotten, and he's part of the Egyptian faction for the game Twisted by Demented Games.

It's a really fun to paint mini that is annoying hard to photograph, but I think I did a decent job on him.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Maledrakh
      The chibi smallworld minis are all based on existing normal minis in the Reaper lines. I recognized five of them from the minis I have from earlier Bones kickstarters, but not Arnise the female barbarian elf that I painted the other day.
      The reason being that the original was included in the Bones 4 core set. An older metal mini being redone into Bones material it seems.

So I painted her in a similar scheme.

The metal version is called Arnise, Elven Sergeant from the Warlord line, and represents the Sergeant of Almirithil's frenzied half-elven berserkers in the Warlord lore.

Why hello there, you remind me of someone I once knew...

B4Core #95 Arnise, Elven Barbarian 
      from the Female Fighters subset in the Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Werner Klocke
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      30mm base
    • By Gareth_Hriedmar
      This is one of the giants that I've painted that I'm the most proud of!

• By Inarah
      Bones 4 core set #20.  Could not find a release # for him yet.  I took this guy and a few of his pals to Reapercon to work on in my spare time (ha!) and got him base coated using some of the new Pathfnder paint set.  I couldn't help but notice the chickens and the look of terror on his face, thus the name.   Finished him with a basic drybrush and wash for table top play. 

• By stormbreach
      Hi all.  I may have finished this guy in record time.  I am trying this new thing where when I want to stop and get up from my desk... I don't .  This is a bugbear that I just primed with a couple others even though I didn't really have any strong feelings about him.  But as I started working on him I started to get more excited, which is something that's been happening to me more now.  I just start a mini to get more stuff painted and end up liking the job.  I have started to put more effort into highlighting because I got a nudge here on the forums and I am so glad I did.  I really like the work I did on his armour, bringing the scales up to a brighter orange and ticking the edges with silver to make it look like the orange was paint wearing off.  In person he really glitters with that silver, something that didn't quite come across in the picture.  I like the highlighting I did with his skin and loincloth and also the silver rivets on the arm and shin guards.  I hope you all like him too!

• Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 107 Guests (See full list)