I recently finished this speed paint for a friend to use as his character in an upcoming D&D game our group will be playing. I really enjoyed painting him and experimenting with colors :) C&C Welcome and appreciated!! :D

post-4937-0-47575600-1372127275_thumb.jpg

• Like 11
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice work! Especially for a speed paint! If I have one bit of constructive criticism, it's that while the "dark" elements and the "light" elements are both done very well, they clash, slightly (to my eye, anyway). The beard, helm, axe and pants all look like an angry frostbitten viking's gear, but the coat and bag look like that of... what.. an elven minstrel? Something a bit more whimsical, in any case.

• Like 1

I like it. I think maybe a darker wash on the coat and bags would take care of the above mentioned issue.

Did you buy or make that base?

I think that the base is from Micro Art. I lost the blister a long time ago, but I'm almost certain that it is :) I definitely didn't make it, just painted it. They do amazing work!!

Thanks everyone!! I'll give the mini a dark wash tonight to see if it calms down the colors. My hubby actually picked out the colors for the tunic, as I was having "painter's block", so it may come across too bright. The red is actually more brownish than red on the figure up close, so it may be my photofu messing it up.

Overall, the mini took about 8 hours from prep to finish. Usually I'll spend upwards of 20+ per mini if it's display quality... usually tabletop quality figs are between 8-10 (sometimes shorter) hours and are speed paints :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      Finally painted her up! Is that a wolf head, an elf head, or... your friend's head in the sack? Can't see too well in the photos, but I did add some blood...

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I completed this elegant lady today. I started painting her during RVE (Reaper Virtual Expo). She was my practice model for Geoff Davis' How to paint hair class and Mike Wellington's Easy Tricks to Improve Painting Skin. 02749, Jade the Dancing Girl was sculpted by Werner Klocke. I painted her with Reaper MSP paint give her a simple 25mm base.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's a nightmarish model I completed last night. Dark Heaven Legends 02896, Aserlis the Liche King was sculpted by Werner Klocke. All painted with Reaper MSP paint.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  Another entry in my winter-themed minis.  This guy was intended to serve as the BBEG in my Frostrun campaign.  Kriger was the descendant of a greedy half-giant king who's line had been cursed to undeath.  Kriger sought to lead an army of Draugr and vikings to reclaim his family throne.  This "chaos warrior" model from Bones 4 was perfect.

More Below the Spoiler:

I really like how this guy turned out.  He was one of those minis where I really pushed myself and tried some different things.  I think it shows.  Hopefully I'll get to continue his story, and return to my Frostrun game.  Maybe by then I'll have found some suitable viking-esque warriors to accompany him.

For more of my winter minis, check out my Frostrun Project HERE.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of the 77452 Invisible Ranger I painted last night. I'll be using this translucent model as a marker whenever I make a hide check.
      The other model is the metal version of 02909 Nienna, Elf Ranger sculpted by Werner Klocke. The character I'm playing is a multiclass; ranger, rogue, sorceress.
      I painted the base with Reaper MSP paint and used only inks on the model itself. More pictures of my painted version of 02909, Nienna the elf ranger.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)