Thrym

Identity: Unknown Warrior with a Bad Haircut :: Resolved

Found this one as well among my un-based minis and proceeded to base them. I recall when he was purchased (early 90s), just don't recall what system they are from.

Any assistance with finding out this one's origins would be appreciated.

Thanks to mikem91 for figuring out my last one.

Unknown_Warrior.jpg

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 1

The Bulge on his right arm looks like the shield boss GW used to use when they were putting plastic shields on their metal figures.

The Armour style and hooked sword makes me suspect a Pan-Tangian from their Stormbringer range.

No, he's not from the Eternal Champion... does it have an integral base or a tab for a slotted base?

Tab/slot. I added the green stuff last night.

I thought he might be a she as there do appear to be breastseses's on the plate.

I went with gender neutral in my description as it was not clearly evident. For years I had assumed it was a guy. The picture above says differently, IMO.

Edited by Thrym

Silly question, but did you note what it said on the tab before you covered it? The oft cryptic codes thereon can sometimes be turned into people-speak by putting them into google or stuff of legends.

someone send up the buglips signal. He's got crazy talent for identifying old minis

I'm weak on slotta because I never cottoned to them much. But I'm pretty sure he's not a partha Crucible.

I think he's a she, too. And that looks like a Neo-Babylonian Lamassu hat (six stylized bull horns wrapped around the front of a fez, for non-middle-eastern-antiquity buffs). Or yeah, a really bad hairstyle.

And ... plate mail everywhere on the legs except the knees, which are covered with chain only?

Ow. Ow. Ow. My knees ache in sympathy.

That now rings a bell. Much obliged.

As always there's someone on here that knows what something is.

Thanks gang.

I actually have the two on the outside. Will have to see if the third is about.

Edited by Thrym