• Members

Starting this one too.. the wings join through the body (pics later) aren't fitting right.. it looks like the socket has some extra bonesium in the bottom corners and so the plug of the other wing+leg won't seat completely.. there also appears to be a large gap in the chest where the plug side (wing + leg) joins. This also appears to be cause either by the plug not seating properly or the bottom part of the neck or the upper thigh on the wing+leg section needing some minor reduction for fit

20130626_100854_zps5adfb3d3.jpg

20130626_100834_zps191b57e2.jpg

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 6
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would boil the end with the female socket and then use a properly sized flat-head screwdriver to press on the walls of the socket to stretch them out a bit. Failing that just go at it with a hobby knife. If you take off too much you can simply pin the counterpart.

That is a simply awesome model. Think boiling and cutting is not such a problem. That model will be easy to model compared to the old school multi part metal dragons. Really looking forward to receiving my bones. I'm in the last 5000. I wonder who will be the last to go out of the door!

• Like 1

Even though Nethyrmaul is not as big as Kaladrax (is there a comparison shot somewhere?) i think the sculpt is much more interesting, to me anyways. I think he looks a lot cooler. Can't wait to get my hands on mine :)

Edited by ksera
  • Like 1

I took these this afternoon. Both models are assembled as they came out of the box. Kaladrax is a bit up-stage compared to Nethermaul, but not by much. The size difference is substantial.

Please excuse the bad lighting. Natural light is your friend until you try to take a pic of a white object by an open window.

IMG_0688_zpsb2f4cb93.jpg

Edited by Rychek
  • Like 3

Nethy seems small, and he's smaller than intended, but I think the concept art scales out to give approx. 8.25-9.25 inches tall (including base) going by Sir Forscale (I gave an inch of play). What does he measure out as?

Edited by buglips*the*goblin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.