[Group/Open] WIP Cthulhu

I figured I'd open one, since Samurai Jack had the other big ones covered.

He fit together quite well. I don't anticipate any need for boiling or gap filling.

He's also quite resilient, as befitting an Elder God. At some point during the night he decided that hanging out on top of my display cabinet just wasn't cutting it, and leapt 6 feet to the floor. Not a scratch.

cthulhu1.jpg

Edited by trystangst
  • Like 13

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don - no. It's all solid.

Got the gaps filled. Tail, arms, wings. Nothing major.

cthulhu2.jpg

Now I have to let it cure. I can't use heat to speed up the process for obvious reasons.

Next issue will be airbrushing - will I need to prime or will the paint stick to bonesium?

Its head is not glued, nor is its base. Too much detail on those that will be hard to get to otherwise. No odd gaps with them though, so it won't be an issue.

Edited by trystangst
  • Like 3

At some point during the night he decided that hanging out on top of my display cabinet just wasn't cutting it, and leapt 6 feet to the floor. Not a scratch.

Okay, I'll be the one to say it: you'd better post some Elder Signs on your display cabinet to contain this thing if it's already decided to take walkies around your house at night.

• Like 3

At some point during the night he decided that hanging out on top of my display cabinet just wasn't cutting it, and leapt 6 feet to the floor. Not a scratch.

Okay, I'll be the one to say it: you'd better post some Elder Signs on your display cabinet to contain this thing if it's already decided to take walkies around your house at night.

This makes me worry for Cash since he said that he has three of them coming to his place...